V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2003 SE/D. As you know it has the 95in motor with the SE air cleaner.
It comes with Vance & Hines 2-1 pro-pipe. My question is would i need to have a stage one download or tuner? The guy I bought it from was told that is was not needed by his HD dealer.

·
Registered
503 Posts
While your bike came ready to run ....some one changed pipes this alone creates the nead to remap also ALL HDs come to us verrrrrrry lean.
With a power comander and a good dyno man you can you can expect 5-8 hp and tq, some people prefer the SERT unit but I find it a pain to custom map,but they do work. They both have canned maps avalible but custom mapping is always better :banana:

Good Luck

Steve The Dyno Guy :cheers:

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Congrats on the new scoot, I had one of those and they are a blast. They pull pretty hard right out of the box. Agree you should get it on a dyno to remap it. Check around your area and find a good tuner and go with the device he is most comfortable with either the newer model of the PC or the Race Tuner. With that and some dyno time you should be set. Post some pics of tha ride.

·
I love BIG headlights...
386 Posts
I have an '03 S/E Deuce you need the Stage II map for the 95" motor as a starting point they come with a 203 cam from the factory so Stage II. I have done a lot of work to mine but when I had just changed to the 2 into ones it ran pretty well with the Stage II map, about 81 HP and 90 Flb tq.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. Just got around to gettin the Power Commander installed and dyno`d @ the local bike shop. They had a great special.
I also changed to V&H Big shots staggered.

Results: 74 HP ..............80 LB torque...........::cool:

·
I love BIG headlights...
386 Posts
They got it running to rich you should see better numbers.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am goin to download map m805-132 from P/C`s table.
Its the closest I could find to mine.
2001-2002 Softail
Vance & Hines Bigshot Staggereds with baffles
(V&H part number 17907)
Screamin Eagle air filter
Stage 1 ECM

·
I love BIG headlights...
386 Posts
Don't forget your motor is a 95" and has a 203 cam STOCK

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Griffiss, after look into the map data base closer I chose

2001 Softtail
Vance & Hines Shortshots
Screamin Eagle 203 cams
Screamin Eagle 95 inch Stage 2 piston kit (flat tops)
Screamin Eagle air filter
Stage 1 ECM

Running great I could feel the differance right off the bat.

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts