V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05 Faboy with SE II Slip on, want some more sound, and looks. Was going for the V & H Staggers, but then saw the Screamin Eagle on a bike here. They look nice...also, I have the stage 1, can I just bolt on either one and go??

Any opinions, info please...

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Also have SE II took out the baffles, and there freakin' loud but I'm also looking into V&H pipes. My SE II has an annoying chirp sound to then depending on my rpm hoping V&H long shot are loud without baffles and no chirp.

·
Premium Member
3,122 Posts
tymeles said:
Also have SE II took out the baffles, and there freakin' loud but I'm also looking into V&H pipes. My SE II has an annoying chirp sound to then depending on my rpm hoping V&H long shot are loud without baffles and no chirp.
I've got V&H BSS for sale. I'm in Sparks. If your interested pm me.

·
semi-retired
1,844 Posts
very similar

Markfatboy05 said:
I have a 05 Faboy with SE II Slip on, want some more sound, and looks. Was going for the V & H Staggers, but then saw the Screamin Eagle on a bike here. They look nice...also, I have the stage 1, can I just bolt on either one and go??

Any opinions, info please...
i think the only difference is the size of the x over that connects the pipes (the so called ''power chamber")and the oem baffles

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Having had both the SE 16 ga and the V&H Big Shot Staggereds on my FatBoy, I will throw in my -2$en#e- ! I liked the sound of the V&H better, it was deeper and definitely louder even with the quiet baffles. The bike seemed to run the same with either pipe. Interestingly, the plugs were colored a little darker with the V&H than the 16 ga. While they look very similar, I like the one piece heat shield on the V&H versus the two piece (for each pipe) on the 16 ga. Quality seems to be similar for both, I have heard that V&H makes the SE 16 ga, but don't know for sure. They are definitely not the same pipe. Hope that helps a little.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WANTARIDE...thank you, was hoping to find someone that had checked both, I was leaning towards V&H....just wanted to check to see if anyone had any other info on SE 16 Gauge, I don't see to many around my parts, all have V&H

Thanks again:beer:

·
05 Deuce
263 Posts
Tymeles...I have the SEII's and have that annoying chirp also. I thought maybe I had a leak at the crossover or exhaust gasket. It seems to make that noise only at the lower rpms. I wonder if opening up the baffles a little will cure it. I have also been thinking about upgrading to V/H staggereds or the SE's 16 ga also. I think the SE's have the smaller OD header and then the larger pipe at the ends...don't know if I'll like that. I have heard others with the SE 16 ga liking them though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts