V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a good scratch remover they can recommend? I've got some very small/fine scratches on my bike that most people would never see - but I can see them. I've seen the Meguire's ScratchX, but don't know of anyone that's tried it. If it matters, the bike is black.

Suggestions?

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Stray dog, a swirl remover works fine for those fine scratches. For those marrs or heavier scratches that don't make it through the paint I use Meguiars no. 2 fine-cut cleaner. It is the same stuff that a local body shop here uses on the new paint after repainting. It is made to be used with an orbiting buffer but on small marrs it works with a little elbow grease and a rag in a circular motion. I then top it off with Meguiars no.9 swirl remover. It can do wonders. I did manage to receive a small scratch on my tank at bikeweek somehow. It is two tiny scatches but it actually scatched through the paint so my favorite remedy won't work this time.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dawg & Fifthgear - thanks.

Don't ya hate it when you take such good care of something and sh!t like that happens? No matter how small the scratch is, if you know it's there, it aggrivates you!

·
Ridge Rider
435 Posts
I have a Black P.T. Cruiser and it amazes me how it attracts scratches like a magnet. My Harley is also Black. You'd think I would've learned by now but they look so good in Black. I've been using the 3M stuff on the PT along with Mother's 3 step stuff with great success.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts