V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in Missouri and Spoke with Charlie and he said if I send him the cylinders, heads and cam plate and he would do his part and send it back to me for me to put back togather.

Does anyone have any feed back on Charlie's Scottman kit, is this good choice or route to go from my end in Missouri?

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Presumably you will send the cam plate to have the cams installed.

You still need the tools to lock the tensioners and the tool to lock the cam gears. The cam plate can not be installed in the bike without them (unless you want to take a risk)
These tools are cheap though.

I put them together for him all the time. There are bikes out there making more power, some much more, including ours, but I can honestly tell you that nothing beats this thing as far as bang for the buck if pipes, ignition and fuel supply are equal.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Don't forget the inner cam bearings. Need a tool for removal as well. You are there replace them , cheap insurance. Also if you have more than 5 K on the wrist pin bushing replace them as well. You can make a tool to remove them but you will need a reamer after you install the new ones. The new bushings are reamed to fit. Jims makes a nice reamer $100 or so.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the SBC heads and piston "kit". I can tell you I had a real hard time holding back on the throttle till I hit 1000 miles. For some reason it seemed like the bike wanted to get up and go. Well I finally mad it about 3 weeks ago. This bike is a monster now. I was riding with some other guys and one of them had a Titan with an S&S in it. My Night Train walked away from him. Granted was riding two up but I was still happy as hell to see the look of disbelief on his face.

I’ll be getting a dyno test at the end of the month and post it in here.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had the SE204 installed at the dealership. That was the "hottest" cam they'd install under warranty. I'm thinking about a change now that I'm out of warranty. I might go to a gear driven set up early next year.

·
Registered
33 Posts
There’s nothing really wrong with the SE204. Just from what I’ve been told I think I can get a little better performance. I’m seeing on this site that this cam might be just a tad mild. I’d like to stay with the stock valve springs though. When I get a little closer to having my budget set, I’ll decide which cam to use. I still need to decide if it’d worth it to go to the gear driven cam.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts