V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,,,, all is well in notingham once more.
I droped my scooter off at the indy shop on 1-4-03 to have a set of TW55 cams installed after doing a 1550 kit with 10.5-1 weisco's and the damn cams were out of stock at his normal distributor. Needless to say the delay upset me, but not with the shop. Then, the weather was so terrible that he could not road test and tune it so it sat until TODAY when I picked her up and drove her back home. Boy is it nice to have her back in her room,,, seemed sooo empty in there (the garage). The point im getting at is this:
I could not concentrate at work, relax at home, or do many other things that I normally enjoy because my scooter was elsewhere. It almost seems that I have an "issue" with it being somewhere that I cannot get at it for an extended amount of time. My wife thinks (or knows) that I am completely unraveled and keeps making jokes about going out to check that its OK tonight.
Seriously, do you guys and gals get this unhinged when your rig has an unexpected extended stay at the shop even if you are NOT mad at the shop and understand that the delay was not a "fault" issue.
By the way, the SOB is awesome!!!!!!!! I does NOT want to stay below 2500 rpms for the break in. I CANT wait til I can open her up and breath it out a bit!!!!!
party On.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Dynatherapy said:
My wife thinks (or knows) that I am completely unraveled and keeps making jokes about going out to check that its OK tonight.
Seriously, do you guys and gals get this unhinged when your rig has an unexpected extended stay at the shop even if you are NOT mad at the shop and understand that the delay was not a "fault" issue.
My bike was in the shop for 10 weeks, due to a problem with my radical paint set.

I HAD to go visit my bike at the dealership (I'd peer through the service bay windows to get a peek a my sled). I'd make up any excuse to get to walk back there to see my bike up close.

I think your behavior is completely normal and your mrs owes you an apology, or several helpings at the taco bar.

wyo

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is exactly what I did WYOdude.
I stopped by the shop 4 times in the last 3 weeks to hang out for a few, take a few pictures etc.
My wife is really quite cool about my addiction and always pokes fun in a kind manner.
Funny though, My uncle said that his girlfriend became pregnant when he was just poking at her in fun and SHE took it seriously!!!!!
The garage is too cold now that the sun went down. I think I'll head for the den and page through some of the new 2003 catalogs that have rolled in today.
Party On!!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I feel better now. I've had the a series of warranty repairs done on my bike which has left it spending more nights at the shop than at my place over the past three months. I think it gets lonely and wants to come out and play. I miss it and go to visit on a regular schedule. It's good therapy. Weather's getting nice....should come home soon. Gotta go ride. Need sunshine.

·
Banned
999 Posts
Dynatherapy said:

Seriously, do you guys and gals get this unhinged when your rig has an unexpected extended stay at the shop even if you are NOT mad at the shop and understand that the delay was not a "fault" issue
party On.
NO. both bikes have never been in the shop. somehow, someway I manage to fix em myself. I come unhinged anytime something is wrong with either of them and I make it my number one priority to get em back in running condition.

I feel your pain.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I have the sporty down for painting. Guess thats the good thing about Iowa winters. It's to cold and snowy to ride anyway.
Last bike I had down to get painted it was warm before I got the parts back. About a month later than he told me. I had a bad case of PMS.
One plus I have a backup with the bagger just in case it would get nice out. :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Here in CA there is no good time to wrench so I just have to suck it up and do whatever project needs to be done. I tore my '03 RKC down during the Holidays for new bars, chrome everything, braided cables etc. Sent things off to get them chromed, ordered new things, and old things I broke. I just got everything back together this past weekend....wasn't all together and I went for a 250 mile jaunt to see the sun....but it drives me crazy when something is wrong, needs to be changed, or I'm waiting on something. I can't imagine taking my bike to a shop and LEAVING it for weeks. I'd need therapy!!!

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
My bike never goes to the shop either. The only thing I wait for is the machine shop when doing a build, but I do get frustrated waiting for parts.

·
Registered
150 Posts
My wife and I both have our bikes in for a stage III. Cant sleep. I even took out an old h..da for a ride - hope no one saw me. We visit them every week. They tell us they are ok but would like to get home asap. They also asked us not to seperate them cause they are in love. These are normal feelings for Harley riders. Spring in about 36 days...if you can waite that long.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Wah,wah,wah!!! Listen folks, I'm in Wurzburg......Germany. My sleds in Virginia...........USA. I purchased it in Sept., been paying for it since, supposedly getting out of the Army in March, had to extend to June, so I can get married to a German national and get her VISA, so we(she, I , and our daughter) can get back to the states!!!! You people, for crying out loud. I'm an insomniac, with a horrible rash, bags under my eyes, my hands morphed to the position of holding handle bars, Willie G.'s voice whispering morbid ideas in my head, and you are complaining of being away from your sleds for a few days!:((Sorry about that, it's just been building and I haven't vented in a while, plus the wedding, the Army....:rolleyes:
My only fix is to go onto post and sit on a 2003 RoadKing at the AAFES new car sales shop and read every Harley oriented mag. I can get my hands on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts