V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something I've been meaning to "speak to" for a while now.

Why in the fukk would anyone refer to themselves as "scooter trash"?

Seems demeaning a hell to me.

I would be livid (at best) if anyone referred to me as any kind of trash. :gun:

Your opinions (on the topic not about me)?

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I agree, I've seen those shirts in catalogs and wondered why someone would want them. I also wonder why someone would wear the property of .....

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
I think the term has been revived from the old days when that was what we were called. I found it detrimental then, but some of the newbies thinks it's cool.

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
First heard it in the 80's from my buddy Gary Sjol, who I probably spent more time with (riding and not) than anybody short of my wife while I was in ND.
I thought it was funny and still do.

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Beats being called White trash.

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
You'all can call me "cooter trash". But really, a lot of people tend towards self deprecation as a manifestation of low self esteem. Maybe that's the root?

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
HD-LUX said:
You'all can call me "cooter trash". But really, a lot of people tend towards self deprecation as a manifestation of low self esteem. Maybe that's the root?
I don't think you can use words like that and be called trash.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Guy at work calls me and another guy that works and rides with me scooter trash occasionally. He says it in a joking way so it doesn't bother me much.

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
Around here we have White trash - trailer trash and shed trash... the first 2 are well known the 3rd is relatively unknow as its a problem localized to the NE because of the high property values .

These are the peope who cant afford a trailer and rent the shed behind the trailer ......

:sofa:

·
natural-born world-shaker
2,978 Posts
The only people who've called me scooter trash are those who ride, too, and they're smiling when they do. That's no deal at all.

I tend toward self deprecation because I'm the last person I take seriously (see what I mean?) but I don't wear the T-shirts and stuff like that.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
wyodude said:
Something I've been meaning to "speak to" for a while now.

Why in the fukk would anyone refer to themselves as "scooter trash"?

Seems demeaning a hell to me.

I would be livid (at best) if anyone referred to me as any kind of trash. :gun:

Your opinions (on the topic not about me)?
Wyodude I think you need to lighten up. I have heard and been called scooter trash hundreds of time. Even refer to myself as scooter trash from time to time as do most of the other scooter trash I ride with. Never once have I heard it used in a derogatory way. It has always been used in a joking manner. I have always found when someone is trying to be insulting they'll call you lots of other things but not scooter trash but if they are trying to be insulting and that's the best they can come up with then I'll just smile at them and tell them to "have a nice day"!

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Its jsut a joke, people need to lighten up.

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
I lived in a shed once. I shared it with a '62 Vette, all original, 12K miles, 80 year old woman had it, didn't know what it was worth. Was her late husband's and she didn't want to get rid of it. Never drove, not once she said. I kept trying to get her to sell it to me. I didn't have any dough but would have sold my soul (or some organs) for that ride.

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Scooter trash.........

Let them say what they will........it won't hurt so much when I send you the bill..*1

*1 Page & Plant

I am sure I have been called worse.

Yesterday on the wet road I found the most interesting place to spend about 15 minutes practicing power slides.

The tire adhesion and coefficient of slip was text book perfect for the cause. Not too slippy, not to grippy. A nice slow speed turn to get some opposite lock. Real show boat-dial it in kind of stuff on a 735 lb motor bike.

Some suit drove by and yelled out his window some kind of wise crack that sounded very much like "Scooter Trash"

He waited until I was in a position where I could not ketch up to him to ask him what he said.

Perhaps our paths may cross again. I will open a can on him.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
utrvp said:
Wyodude I think you need to lighten up.
Hey, I'm a svelt 250 :hystria:

I'm not pissed or unhappy about the term "scooter trash".

I did not appreciate that most usage was in jest or amongst friends.

I guess I can start fretting about something else now. :yes:

·
Total Nutcase
2,691 Posts
First time I ever heard of scooter trash was back in the late 70's. I was about 17 years old and hanging out with some 1%ers. They used to call some of the chicks who were always hanging out looking for a ride "scooter trash".

Like you would say "hey man, who was that girl, she's good looking'"
and they'd say "Aw man, she's scooter trash", then have a good laugh. It was used half joking, half not from what I could tell.

·
CMA-er
973 Posts
I ran into the REAL scooter trash yesterday. Pulled into a gas station, with the pumps all busy, and two big really goofy dudes standing next to two side-by-side scooters next to one of the pumps, blocking the drive (I assume they'd just gotten gas). I drove up, facing them, bike running (Harley sound of course :thumbsup: ), and they just stand there talking, knowing that I'm waiting for them to get on their little scoots and let me get gas. They look at me, and won't make a move to let me in. Finally, the guy in the car at the pump beside and behind me is done and leaves, and I have to back up waddle and maneuver my bike around so I can get to a stupid pump. One guy gets on his little scooter and rides off, and the other guy just stands there, with all the pumps still full and people waiting. They weren't just yuppie types, that you mostly see riding around Seattle.. they were big goofy dudes that would look too big to be on an Ultra! I was sooooo irritated. Just finished gasing up and gave him a very dirty look as I passed by. I just don't get some people.

·
Registered
322 Posts

white trash

scooter trash

hillbilly

call me what you want..just dont be vindictive about it

ifin ya say it right..you aint makin noone mad:fart:

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
Been called pond scum:hmmm: ...actually I'm proud to be "scooter trash" for the same reason I was proud of my long hair when it wasn't accepted well by mainstream society...it's one of them; you hadda be there or if I had to explain you'd never understand...when we were few in numbers we took pride in the fact that our individuality was noticeable...It no longer has the conotations it once had and I'm a good deal older now and am not as in favor of being noticed (especially by the law) as I once was now favoring the freedom to left to my own devices...(that should read staying out of trouble...and jail)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts