V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted a thread a few days ago, stating I was not happy with the power on my 95" Build. Many on here have said that with proper tuning I could get around 100TQ with my build. I have Scottsman Heads, andrews 37B cams, SE Pushrods, 95" jugs, Flattop pistons, and Cycle Shack Slip on Exhaust. Thinking of adding mikuni 42 carb easy kit, and ignition module.

If you have scottsman heads and dyno results can you post your components and what you had for Dyno results with these heads? I want to see how many people have come close to 100 TQ and over 90 HP with these heads and what combo they are running.

Thanks,

·
You don't say?
422 Posts
I don't have any dyno sheets to post, but you might want to look into an ignition and time with a good tuner before you pick up the Mikuni. The CV is a great carb for stock to mild builds.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since I have to have the heads checked for ticking anyway. Maybe my best option is to have the heads fixed, compression checked and increased if needed then have the setup tuned with ignition module and stock cv carb. See what #'s I get. I can always add the carb later.

Anyone have any dyno #'s with Scottsman heads?

·
Ridin it like I stole it!
217 Posts
Check in the dyno section for examples.

Also spend the $$ and get a good programmable ignition.
I've used the Daytona Twintec ignition with Great results in the past.
I've also used crane.

Then get to a Experienced Dyno Tuner and let them do their magic. I see you live in Newmarket NH, I goto R&R CYcle in Manchvegas, talk to Reggie Sr. or Jr. and have them dyno tune it.

Also don't get stuck on a number, if it get 100 TQ and HP and runs like $hit then what fun is that.

I would do a good ignition coupled with a dyno tune and I believe as others you'll be happy.
Good Luck

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
I can't figure out how to post the dyno but the numbers are 99.7 and 102.6 SAE 5th gear run. Sounds to me like you've got issues other than heads. I'm pretty happy with my SBC Scottsman heads especially the price. Seems like all of a sudden everyone is down on SBC?

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ignition ordered and on the way. I have service booked at Twisted Cycles in Manchester for March to check the setup make sure all components are working properly and increase compression. Also to figure out ticking in front head. Then April 3rd dyno tuning appointment at R&R cycles in manchvegas. Hopefully combined with the ignition, increased compression, and tuning I will get the power I am looking for. As you said I am not interested in Dyno power but usually Torque = seat of pants feeling of power.

Question, can I look at Dyno's on here if I dont pay? Where is the Dyno Section on here?

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not too many scottsman head dynos in there. Anyone have any dyno results they can post?

·
217 Posts
cdirk said:
Ignition ordered and on the way. I have service booked at Twisted Cycles in Manchester for March to check the setup make sure all components are working properly and increase compression. Also to figure out ticking in front head. Then April 3rd dyno tuning appointment at R&R cycles in manchvegas. Hopefully combined with the ignition, increased compression, and tuning I will get the power I am looking for. As you said I am not interested in Dyno power but usually Torque = seat of pants feeling of power.

Question, can I look at Dyno's on here if I dont pay? Where is the Dyno Section on here?
Cdirk,
Why not have R&R do the work on the bike then dyno tune it?

I know first hand they do a great job on my bike and stand behind there work. They (Reggie Sr, Jr) will answer any and all questions.

I would prefer to have the person doing the work/build be the dyno tuner as well if possible.
my$.02
Good Luck,
Bry

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BPorcelli, Originally I was going to have them do it but they quoted twice the labor time to do the job as all the other shops. Not sure why but reggie jr said 9 - 10 hrs for the head swap. Everyone else said 3-4 hrs. Thats the reason I am bringing it elsewhere to be worked on. I have had some work done by Twisted Cycles and have always left satisfied.

·
Registered
107 Posts
cdirk said:
BPorcelli, Originally I was going to have them do it but they quoted twice the labor time to do the job as all the other shops. Not sure why but reggie jr said 9 - 10 hrs for the head swap. Everyone else said 3-4 hrs. Thats the reason I am bringing it elsewhere to be worked on. I have had some work done by Twisted Cycles and have always left satisfied.

You will be happy with the service there. They know there stuff well. Particularly engine builds. Additionally some of Brian's training came out fo R&R.

I am a satisified Twisted customer!

·
Have chrome will travel
506 Posts
bporcelli said:
Check in the dyno section for examples.

Also spend the $$ and get a good programmable ignition.
I've used the Daytona Twintec ignition with Great results in the past.
I've also used crane.

Then get to a Experienced Dyno Tuner and let them do their magic. I see you live in Newmarket NH, I goto R&R CYcle in Manchvegas, talk to Reggie Sr. or Jr. and have them dyno tune it.

Also don't get stuck on a number, if it get 100 TQ and HP and runs like $hit then what fun is that.

I would do a good ignition coupled with a dyno tune and I believe as others you'll be happy.
Good Luck
I was not comfortable with R&R working with my SERT. They kept trying to talk me into getting rid of my SERT and going with the PCIII. Then they told me my SERT was defective and I needed to bring it back. When I did MHD put it on their Dyno and it worked fine. I still need a good tuner but MHD was able to clean things up a bit for now. My popping has diminished greatly and my gas mileage is still ok. It will do until I find a guy I feel good about.

·
Have chrome will travel
506 Posts
styd24 said:
You will be happy with the service there. They know there stuff well. Particularly engine builds. Additionally some of Brian's training came out fo R&R.

I am a satisified Twisted customer!

I agree. Twisted does good work for reasonable money.

·
217 Posts
Bigguy39 said:
I was not comfortable with R&R working with my SERT. They kept trying to talk me into getting rid of my SERT and going with the PCIII. Then they told me my SERT was defective and I needed to bring it back. When I did MHD put it on their Dyno and it worked fine. I still need a good tuner but MHD was able to clean things up a bit for now. My popping has diminished greatly and my gas mileage is still ok. It will do until I find a guy I feel good about.

That sucks, as they have always done good by me. I have a SERT and I too want to find someone in our area that is a "Whiz" with the tool. Keep me posted if you find one locally, I will drive hours to find a GREAT tune.
i usually have John Golden tune my bike at MB Bike Week but I am not going this year and he no longer goes to Laconia. I'm going to Sturgis, hopefully my bike will be really Dialed in by then.
Bry

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't have my dyno sheet scanned in...(scanner problem) but my build is very similiar.

95 in
SBC Scottsman heads 81cc chambers
WT TC2G cams
SE forged pistons Apc 10.2 CR.
DTT ign.
Mik 42 carb, needle in middle groove, 162.5 main jet
dyno'ed with VH ProPipe with competion baffel.

Max Power 94.2
Max Torque 97.6

1 - 16 of 16 Posts