V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is Schorsch and I'm new here. I live south of Munich, Germany. I'm currently in my HD Fat Boy purchasing process and will close the contract this week. I'm 42 years old and used to own a BMW in my late twenties. Now after the kids a little older I'm getting back riding motobikes & now I want my dream bike which is a HD Fat Boy.
I can't decide between Injection and Carburetor.
Hope to find some clue's here at the forum.

Looking forward to a great summer with my Fat Boy,
Schosch

·
Registered
222 Posts
Schorsch,
Welome aboard! I'm new here myself, but so far, I like the feel of this forum. Seems to be some pretty knowledgeable folks here that can answer just about any question you've got.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Welcome aboard!

IMHO, Hippo is one of our resident tech experts here. And I hope he weighs in on your question. That being said, your question is akin to one like: do you prefer blondes, brunettes or red heads? I prefer all of them!!! :D

Simply put, carb bikes are easier to modify and F/I bikes are less trouble. How's that for an overly simplified explanation? F/I bikes are the way of the future. Carb bikes are often preferred by riders who intend a number of mod's over time.

I presently own a carb bike, which I have upgraded to a Stage I 95". I'm reasonably confident that my next bike will be a F/I if I have the choice.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Welcome.

Vergaser. LOL (carb)

In Germany it might not be that important, in particular if service cost over the life of the bike is not a concern. On one side you are much more limited on the modifications you can do to the bikes unless you want to change configurations back and forth, and on ther other it is easier to get professional service at dealers, even though it is very expensive.

Might depend a little on the type of person you are.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Guten Tag,

Welcome to the forum...

or you might be like myself...the bike was sitting on the show room floor, was the right price, wanted a carb, but it was a F/I model and something in the brain said, what the hell, go for it. I guess over the long-haul, I will just have to plan my mods a bit more careful so I won't have to pay for ECM calibration twice. Either way, I'm sure you'll love heading down the autobahn and backroads.
cheers

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, really fast reply, thanks.

My dealer is getting two Fatboy's in the color I want. An Injection and a carb. Now I have to choose. Nice problem to have, huh?
I lean towards the Injection. Since I live very close to the alps and I believe the injection is better for higher elevation. My main concern is reliabilty.
But according to your answers this should be no problem.
Thanks again everyone.
I will let you know what I ordered on Wednesday.

Schorsch

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Welcome Schorsch!

You'll find this forum a great place to ask practically any question, or just hang out.

Good luck with that Fatboy. guido

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess today starts the "real" beginning for me with HD.
I couldn't wait till tomorrow and bought my FatBoy this morning. What a thrill!
After reading all your inputs (thanks again to all of you), I decided to buy it with Injection. BTW, the color of my FatBoy is black. The dealer is putting it together this week and after I got it registered I should be on my bike by this weekend, if the weather stays at it is today.

Now I really look forward to this discussion page and get all cool tips and inputs on technical and cosmetical mods and upgrades. My dealer here in Munich has a huge selection on all kind of cool stuff for my new bike and the whole staff is really nice there.

Cheers,
Schorsch

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Schorsh

Schorsh,

Welcome to the board and congrats on becomming a owner of a new H.D.
With all the options and goodies that are available to you at your dealer, all you need is to hold open your wallet and let the good times happen.
Hope to hear from you about your new ride.

Ride Safe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts