V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm new here,

My name is Vincent and I live close to Munich, Germany. I'm over 40 and married with three kids. Just bought a brand new 2002 Fatboy FI and I really enjoy the Harley way of riding. Beeing from Munich I had BMW's before, but always wanted a Harley could not afford one. Than I had the money but the kids came. Now I'm little over 40, the kids are little older, have the money,bought a Harley and my now family calls it "Mid-Life Crisis". What ever, this is fun and that's all I want.
Other than bikes, I love (of course) skiing, travel, hanging at the lakes around Munich.
Looking forward to this forum to get lot's of information regarding Harley's and for sure I have some questions when I get to know my bike better.
Cheers,
Vincent

·
Registered
90 Posts
Welcome aboard, Vincent. I just got my first Harley, an '02 Fatboy also, in January. I'm probably a little MORE "over 40" than you are, but I'm lovin' the ride! Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Welcome aboard,Vincent!

Congratulations on your new Fatboy,ENJOY!!!

This is a great place to share your passion,looking forward to your posts.
guido

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
There is another fellow on the board that lives in Munich. I think he just got a new FatBoy too.
Name is Schorsch I believe. May want to check it out.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Vincent,

Welcome to the site and cograts on the new scooter. Jump back in anytime with your comments or questions. Looking forward to hearing from you again. Enjoy your new ride.

Ride Safe.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Welcome! Did anybody tell you about buying the beers? (hey guys, they got real beer over there) I would like to see you post with pics and stories of your rides in Germany. Glad you finally got the bike you wanted. Hope you enjoy it:)
Sheepboy

·
Registered
297 Posts
Welcome Aboard. Fat Boys seem to be a popular breed around here. I'd love to see a pic of your new bike, congrats and enjoy!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for your replies.
HIPPO, Schorsch is a relative of mine. We were talking for some time buying FatBoy's. He was first and I followed him, he also turned me on to this forum. He said "looks like great people got some great inputs from here".
Regarding the "real" beer here from Bavaria. No problem to buy the beer, just the US is so big, hard to figure out where to ship it to.
BTW, the weather is great here around Munich and the beergardens are open. Beergardens are great places to ride to, just can't drink alcohol while driving. But we have a drink called Radler, which is half beer/half lemonade. Sounds probably awful to you, but actually tastes great and is much less alcohol. Don't try this with Sprite! Somehow it works only with our lemonade.
Vincent

1 - 10 of 10 Posts