V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine! And then after mine were the Harley display bikes. Really the best most quality looking machines were of course the Harley line. The SE full dresser was unbelievable. The whole line up was being immitated by the many *** brands there. The Harley factory bikes were copied by all these after market builders supplied by the big *** manufatures. Warrior, Kawa, Suzuki etc had one or two bikes totally redone from head to toe by some local custom shop. By the time the dust settled the Harley Special operations bikes and even many totally stock bikes by Harley such as the Street Glide had it all over the competition. I did like the look of the MV Agusta, Ducati and Aprilia line but I'm Italian so that's normal.

Harley just knows how to build a bike right. They cannot be copied it seems. The more the compitition refines the design the more they get away from the real steel and iron feel of this great American brand.~!Awesome!

·
Bugs
47 Posts
Just got back from the same show. I couldn't believe the size and weight of some of the metrics. Forget about splitting lanes with some of them! I can appreciate the pure style of some of the retro bikes, but now it seems like an early SUV approach is taking over the Asian lines. Bigger is better? Not. Harley has got it just right. American iron is by far the best in the show.

·
Banned
1,636 Posts
I got just got back from the Long Beach show myself too, and I agree.
The best bike out there was mine. I looked at a lot of "stuff" and even bought a doo-dad, but nothing more.

I signed up for the HD demo rides and took a RoadGlide for a spin. I've been thinking about the RoadGlides for a while, and even considered converting my EG front to an RG. The RG was nice and nimble. Sitting in traffic I'd forgotten the heat the stockers throw out near the right leg. It handled well at slow speeds. I did some full lock turns and lock to lock figure 8s in the parking lot and the bike was real easy to steer. I guess the floor boards were at the lowest setting because I kept scraping them on the lock to lock circles. One of the demo guys didn't like that and made me park it, so needless to say I didn't get a chance to challenge the brakes either. I tried to ride a V-Rod, but all the slots were taken today.

So I swung a leg over my bike and smiled all the way home. I'm keeping mine for a long time. It's about where I want it. All that's left to do is a 6-speed and then I'm finished.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts