V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could be in serious trouble! I haven't seen the Road Glide yet but if it looks as good as the Street Glide, I'm gonna have a hard time getting out of the store without it if they ride as nice as some say
The pics on the site definately don't do that color scheme much good. I gotta ride the new RG first, it's quite possible I could hate it since my 01 is pretty darn stout and dealer dependacy for service is nearly non existant.

I was already thinking about a new one since they put the black motor back in the RG and added ABS. Not to hip on some of the other changes but the aftermarket will catch up quickly hopefully....

Anyone got the 105th Road Glide yet? How about posting some pics?
I also need more ride reports on the 08 tourers...

·
Banned
17,245 Posts
yep, I saw the copper Lowrider and copper StreetGlide last weekend. Darned purty.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
If any bike could lure me away from my beloved Springer it would be that copper Street Glide...:wootdnc:

·
Banned
2,735 Posts
I rode a copper and black deluxe yesterday...a good friend's wife owns it. He has a Roadking. The 105th runs really nice and has a pretty good sound stock.
I'm so used to my 1995 Wideglide everything else feels really strange to me...but I think I could get used to a bagger one of these days.....maybe an ultra or road or street glide. WOW!!!!!

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
bikernut said:
fkn ugly......paint dudes are on fkn drugs....emblem sucks
I gotta agree with you. I read they look better in person so I went and looked in person and was still not impressed, of course it is not as bad as the denim colors.

·
Free agent
795 Posts
I have a problem with the two-tones on a 6 gallon tank! They look as if someone just blew the tank up with air and the top and bottom appear to be bloated. I wish they could have extended it a little as to not make it look pregnant. The single tones are OK. They don't make it look as bulbous. The two-tones accentuate the size.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
I checked the color scheme out during the Rally. I'm with everyone who says that the color is much more impressive in person.

Then again I also think that bikes should be black.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Gotta agree. The color looks better in person. And looks even better out in the sun. Saw a Softy Custom outside at the local dealer that someone bought. Looks good. That dealer also has a Street Glide in that color and that one is sweet. Still waiting to see a RG in person in the coppertop scheme.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I like the color combo , however the emblem to me is hideous. The solid colors to me look better and has a little more flake in the paint than previous years. Really makes the paint pop in the sunlight.
just my two
BC

·
Registered
479 Posts
My dealer has the following copper tops on the floor:
Low Rider
V-Rod
Fat Boy
Deluxe
Road King
Ultra Classic
and a friend bought the Heritage.

Some models look better than others. I think the Heritage looks best. That color combination doesn't fit the V-Rod in my opinion.

Regardless, it was interesting to see all the models in one place and compare.

·
Do what thou wilt.
971 Posts
I was not impressed with the way the copper looked in pictures.

I had a chance to see a Copper Road Glide in person at a dealer in NJ.

It brought back childhood memories. Reminded me of that Crayon that nobody wanted to use. Was that the color they were trying for, or did they just mess up on the first DuracellGlide?

The good news is you can still order it in BLACK. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Guess that's why they make so many different colors....

Selling this one cheap to get the down payment! Carbed 01' 95" 97/107 and dead solid dependable!

She's sweet!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts