V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped at Atascadero Harley (central Cal. coast, 200 miles no. of LA) and they had a new, '02 V Rod for about $17350, plus set up and Cal. sales tax. $19650 out the door. (it has a security system). After hearing so much about very high prices (several thou over MSRP) I was surprised. Has demand fallen off so soon, or is this unusual?

greg.

G

·
Demand and interest has fallen off. The Discovery Channel replayed the making of the VRod tonight. Probably at the request of the MoCo.

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
I was looking at them on Ebay just out of curiosity and even new ones from dealers were not getting much over 18,000 if that. I hope those guys that paid 22K (or more) after getting all wet with excitement this spring after the first airing of the show enjoyed the $1000 per month depreciation their bikes went through.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I purchased mine new for $17,400, which when you add fright and the security system, which as I understood it was a standard add on, even though it's shown as an option in the book, I paid $75 less than MSPR. I purchased mine two months ago from Frederick HD, Frederick MD. I am glad to see they are no killing everyone with that mark up.

I check with Rockville HD, just down the road and they wanted $20,000, but that was immediate delivery too. I had money down since November on mine. I just hate dealer mark ups and folks trying to rip folks off when they purchased it at MSRP.

My 2 cents anyway.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Lot's of VRods out here in Maryland, both at Rockville and Fredrick!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Just a quick note, I went by Rockville HD this afternoon, they had 4 in the showroom and one outside. I only noticed one was sold, haven't been by Frederick lately, so can't comment on them. As I understood it from Sherman; the head of sales at Frederick HD, HD was pushing as many 02 on the Dealers as they could because their 03 allotment was going to be based upon how many 02 they got. So there could be a few good deals on 02's right now, with the 03 knocking on the door.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts