V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!

I went for a nice ride this last weekend.

Left my house in Alexandria, and caught the Fairfax County Parkway to I-66 just east of Manassas. Rode 66 west to Front Royal, then South on Skyline Drive.

This is a very nice 109 mile ride through Shenandoah National Park. Posted speed limit is 35, I guess I ranged from there to 45-50 most of the way. Not too much traffic, just as many motorcycles as cages.

The Park boundary is 4 miles north of Waynesboro, and I headed east on I-64 to US-15 just east of Charlottesville, then north to Orange, VA. I tried to score a tee shirt but Waugh HD closes at 3 pm on Saturday (WTF?), I missed it by 20 minutes. So I keep my 25 bucks for another day. :rolleyes:

Rode north on US 15 to VA 28 and headed east back to Manassas, then the FCP and home.

350 miles in 9 hours. Lots of sun and a ton of fun:D

Regards,

wyo

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Hey Brother!

Sounds like a great ride, one that I'm going to have to follow this fall!

·
Registered
684 Posts
Hey Wyo, I meant to tell you that I had lunch with a guy and his son a couple of weeks ago during the POW Memorial run here in Georgia. He had a purple-flamed RK just like yours. Everyone pulling into the parking lot had to walk over and check it out. He said he loves the bike. But then again, don't we all?

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Straydog,

Interesting:p It is a killer paint job if I do say so myself.

I was at the credit union the other day and when I came out, some lady was standing by my bike. She said a friend of hers had one exactly like it!

I guess we know where 3 of the 200 copies are:rolleyes:

Regards,
wyo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts