V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you been able to ride your Street Glide enough to tell if you are really satisfied with your choice? If you are not satisfied, what other models would you consider?

Billy Roy

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Had a Heritage sft tail before.........No comparison, Street Glide is the bike

·
04 Super Glide Sport
290 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Happy with mine so far only 1200 miles on it, just ordered a 98" kit from HDWRENCH so hope to enjoy it even more when the weather breaks in Michigan :yes:

·
07', 04', 03', & 02
1,099 Posts
I'd look at the E-Glide Classic or an Ultra if you can spring for the extra coin. Both of them can easily be stripped down (SG style) or built back up(for the long haul) in less than 10 min.

All the SG owners I've run into think I've got one, then they get a closer look and comment on how they wish they had gone my route and had the options like cruise, tour pack, fairing lowers, & CB.

I love my Ultra:brows:

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
bedemonster said:
I'd look at the E-Glide Classic or an Ultra if you can spring for the extra coin. Both of them can easily be stripped down (SG style) or built back up(for the long haul) in less than 10 min.

All the SG owners I've run into think I've got one, then they get a closer look and comment on how they wish they had gone my route and had the options like cruise, tour pack, fairing lowers, & CB.

:cheers: @gree:

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
bedemonster said:

I hear you!! Ultra is the best bang for the buck. And has multiple personalities that can all be changed without Prozac in a matter of minutes.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
122 Posts
I like the street glide and wanted one for several months but I’m going with the Ultra. It just has so much versatility. I should add that I plan to tour with the bike and if your just going on weekend trips or bar hopping then you probably aren’t worried about the extra features the Ultra offers. The street glide definitely has some trick aspects to it.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
I agree that a Classic or Ultra is the way to go. I ride a '97 EG Classic. I have three unique rides depending on my mood. I have a Road King setup with a Road King Seat and matching backrest, a badlander set-up with a badlander seat(no backrest) and low winshield, and the EG set-up with a sundowner seat and the tour pack.

Although I really like the SG, I like having all the other options as well.

·
07', 04', 03', & 02
1,099 Posts
We all spend our entire lives wishing we had more options...choose the ride that gives you more of them:brows:

·
Seasoned Prime Member
446 Posts
If ya had 10 bikes that were all different you'd still end up riding one of them more than the others!!! Just pick what YOU like best and get that....unless of course you can afford 10 bikes....hehehe!!! -2$en#e-

:duh?:

·
Registered
675 Posts
Decisions, decisions!

The Streetglide is one slick scoot, but I am watching this thread with great interest. I am not sure I care enough about the Harmon Kardon jukebox and the blacked out motor to pay the price. Seems like maybe an electra glide classic might be the better choice since I will need a better passenger seat and the tourpack when my wife rides. I also am considering going with a RK standard and then buying a quick detach tourpak and maybe watching around on Ebay for it and a quick detach fairing. I rode a toy ride in December and a guy had that set up on his road king and I had to read the fender insignia to tell it wasn't an EG. The LED running light and stripped down look on the Streetglide has its allure for sure though.

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
bountyhunter said:
4000 miles completely satisfied. The bike just rocks!
As I'm sure you've been told your bike is sweet. What is up with the "Daytona" theme? Is that something you did as a custom touch or what? Explain.

I like it. It looks cool and it's different.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I dearly love my Street Glide. The shorter seat height works better for my 29" inseam stubby legs, and the look is just killer. My local HD dealer can't keep them in stock! I think if a person is a hard core tourer, the Electra Glide would be a better choice, but for weekend trips and just enjoying the ride, the Street Glide is really tough to beat. The one thing I will say is that unless you are strictly an urban cruiser, the 4" windscreen is worthless. It is worse than not having a fairing at all, as the short windscreen funnels the air over the bike and right into your face. Anything over 50 mph and the short windscreen is annoying. I replaced mine with a 12" windshied (std Electra Glide size) and it really made a difference.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts