V-Twin Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

· Premium Member
3,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Entrance to Tom's Farms

After breakfast, several of us rode north of San Diego to an open-air craft fair spot that has a lot of biker visitors on the weekends. I won't say how many of the group rode took a wrong turn onto a southbound freeway, rather than a northbound freeway. ;)

· Premium Member
3,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Muggin' for the Camera @ Tom's

A few of us had to mug for the camera before having some brews at Tom's Farms. We got to sit in the shade, drink beer, listen to music and tell lies. One of the ladies commented: "what a life!" And she meant it.

'sorry about the pic size, folks. But thanks for sharing them with me. FifthGear is now on his way back to Texas. KrazyGG and Deb are on their way up the California Coast.

Glad I had the chance to meet 'em. Hope to catch 'em again. ;)

· Woo-hoo
1,720 Posts
thanks for the pics there PJ. Glad to see that u got the get together. Some times they don't always plan the way u want them to go. I know mind didn't know one showed up. But, thanks again.

jb

· Traveling Man
1,144 Posts
Well I'm back from sunny California. I'll just post a few quick snap shots and then a story soon in the Riding adventure catagory. PasadenaJim and Huckelberry1 (Jim & Lisa) are two really cool people. Thanks for the hospitality and a great time. Ya'll are the greatest! And Lisa...yes we do really say ya'll in Texas. LOL

· Traveling Man
1,144 Posts
deb93fxlr said:
Thanks for the great pics, fifth! Looks like you had a great time! So good to have you back!:D
Thanks deb, glad to be back. I did post a little story on the highlights of the ride to San Diego. It's in the Riding Stories, Adventures and Travels section. It's hard to describe 5 days of fun in such a short post but if you read between the lines you will realize the fun that was had. Here's just a little picture from a rest area on the way back.

· Registered
13 Posts
Delicious & Rich

Imagine how yummy the first bite of a hot fudge sundae tastes, or the first bite of a perfectly grilled steak. Delicious huh? Well that’s what the accents and phrases of these two guys (KrazyGG and FifthGear) from Texas sounded like to my native Californian ears. Delicious.

Yes, I can attest to the fact that they do say “yall” (one word) without blinking an eye. FifthGear said I could leave out the apostrophe. When I asked KrazyGG a question about his trip, his response was “Mam” and nothing else. I thought to myself ‘Why does he keep looking at me and saying “Mam” ‘? After what seemed like a very long time it dawned on me that this must be the southern way of saying “what?”

I confess that many times (ok, too many) I doubled over laughing whenever they said anything. It was funny and captivating at the same time. Like I said, delicious.

While waiting for a table for breakfast we all stood around discussing what things were important to bring along on a two week bike trip. Ron and Paula from San Diego shared the value of a “camel pack” to keep the riders cool while riding in the desert. It is a large bag filled with water that lies flat or strapped to your back with a long hose that can be easily reached while driving. They also suggested caring laundry detergent disks and quarters in a small snack bag to do your laundry while on the road. Great ideas.

The conversation then turned (disintegrated) to how many undergarments that a female rider should take along. Some of the male riders responses were “none” or “licorice flavored edible ones”. Of course they explained their reasoning was strictly to save space.

After breakfast we decided to ride out to Tom’s Farm’s. Ron and Paula couldn’t make it, but directed us to the right freeway.

While I was watching the flying arms ahead pointing us to turn here and there, I got caught heading onto the wrong freeway, which leads to another wrong freeway. Oops. Was I embarrassed!!. Suddenly to my left is FifthGear. He’d got caught too. At least that’s what I thought until we pulled over and he told me he didn’t want me to get lost alone. Wow! Delicious accents and chivalry are alive and well in Texas.

It was at this time I felt it necessary to explain to him that he had traveled 1500 miles to find himself lost in San Diego. Yes, I was from California, but no I had no idea where we were. I knew we were south and needed to go north. He took it well. I was impressed. We decided to drive on to see if anything looked familiar to me and came upon the rest of the group waiting at the side of the freeway. Together again, we rode on to Tom’s.

We all got drinks and sat out on the grass. While I was sitting looking at our little group, I realized how special the moment was. Everyone was smiling and sharing so easily with each other. Strangers in the morning, friends in the afternoon. Cool.

I smiled and felt the happiness deep inside me. I felt “rich”. Know what I mean?

I want to say “Thank you guys” or “Thank yall” for a very special day. I hope we can do it again soon.

· Traveling Man
1,144 Posts
Huckelberry1, that was such a good story told from a point of view that we all seemed to share. Yes, it was truly a 'rich' feeling we all shared that was drawn together because of a common bond of enjoying Harley Davidson motorcycles. I really hated to see the day end. Thanks for the kind 'delicious' descriptions of our ole Texas country accents and vocabulary. We enjoyed laughing with you as much as yall did. LOL. Your writing skills make everything you write so alive with excitement...that's so cool. Thanks for the post Lisa!

· Woo-hoo
1,720 Posts
thanks for the story huckleberry, it's so neat when people tell there stories it makes them come alive. It feels like ur right there with them. Riding along and looking around. thanks again jb

· Premium Member
3,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Got a call from KrazyGG this afternoon. He and Deb have made it safely back to San Diego. The last part of the trip was the roughest with the ride through the Utah and Nevada desert. It was 120 degrees when they pulled into Vegas yesterday p.m.

Krazy will be leaving San Diego on Sunday or Monday and will be home soon. Don't know if he'll be able to post before he gets back. He has some stories to tell and some pics to share!!! :)

I don't know if he'll start a separate thread or post here. Lisa and I are leaving early tomorrow and will start our own two week riding adventure. I'm glad we could be part of the adventure that KrazyGG, Deb and FifthGear started a couple weeks ago. It was a special time meeting some wonderful people.

KrazyGG, make it home safely. FifthGear has posted a thread about meeting in Sturgis in 2003, keep it in mind!!!! And remember, you and FifthGear have some friends here in Southern California.

· Registered
100 Posts
Back Home

I left Poway Monday morning and road to El Paso for the night , got home around 1900 Tuesday evening . I just would like to say THANK'S for a wonderful welcome you folks gave us . Jim you are a great person , & I am happy to have met you . Lisa " Yes Mam " you are one of the finest ladies I have ever had the pleasure of meeting . It was great , had one of the best times of my life , and can't wait to see yall again . Am doing a little story with some of the pictures I took on the trip . Will post them sometime this weekend , Thank's again

Krazy

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.