V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Traveling Man
1,144 Posts
Hey PJim, I'm thinking seriously about making the quick ride to SanDiego with my bro KrazzyGG. It would mean nearly 800 miles the first day and about 720 the next. I think my little Dyna is up to the trip. I'm just worried about the two long days back without much of a rest. LOL. Sounds like the kind of riding that I like to do though so I may see you in SanDiego. I will of course be riding solo since I haven't broken the good news to my wife yet. :D. Hope to meet you and others there if everything works out.

Later,

· Traveling Man
1,144 Posts
Well, it's a go for me. I told my wife I was going!:eek: Or she told me that I could. LOL. I've been seeing reports of temperatures like 129 degrees in death vally. Think it is going to be hot passing through the desert?

Later,

· Traveling Man
1,144 Posts
Highrider, I know that it will be no picnic ride but I will take all precautions as far as hydration. I am not use to temps much over 100degrees but at 90%+ humidity here I know what ill effects heat can bring. I'll be smart about it but think everything will be OK regarding the heat. If it turns out to be more than i can handle safely i will extend the trip. I have a feeling that i won't want to come back as soon as planned though. LOL. Thanks for the input. By the way Vegas use to be my home away from home in the mid eighties and ninties. It's an exciting place for sure. It sure has grown alot the last time i was there.

· Traveling Man
1,144 Posts
I'm here at home sitting on GO jim. We'll be leaving at 6:00 in the morning. I decided not to work tonight so the first days ride should be a little less tiring than I planned on. We'll be in Poway, Cali Saturday evening. See ya on Sunday. If you need to contact us you can use my cell phone number that will be turned on starting tomorrow morning.

· Traveling Man
1,144 Posts
KrazyGG said:
I also took off and on ready,I'll be waiting on Fifth Gear and when he get's here we'll be on our way.Hoping to really have a blast. I didn't get my CD changer in so I'll just have to play the radio or cass.See ya'll soon.

G.G.
Ha!!! I guess i'll just have to sing! LOL

· Traveling Man
1,144 Posts
Well I'm back from sunny California. I'll just post a few quick snap shots and then a story soon in the Riding adventure catagory. PasadenaJim and Huckelberry1 (Jim & Lisa) are two really cool people. Thanks for the hospitality and a great time. Ya'll are the greatest! And Lisa...yes we do really say ya'll in Texas. LOL

· Traveling Man
1,144 Posts
deb93fxlr said:
Thanks for the great pics, fifth! Looks like you had a great time! So good to have you back!:D
Thanks deb, glad to be back. I did post a little story on the highlights of the ride to San Diego. It's in the Riding Stories, Adventures and Travels section. It's hard to describe 5 days of fun in such a short post but if you read between the lines you will realize the fun that was had. Here's just a little picture from a rest area on the way back.

· Traveling Man
1,144 Posts
Huckelberry1, that was such a good story told from a point of view that we all seemed to share. Yes, it was truly a 'rich' feeling we all shared that was drawn together because of a common bond of enjoying Harley Davidson motorcycles. I really hated to see the day end. Thanks for the kind 'delicious' descriptions of our ole Texas country accents and vocabulary. We enjoyed laughing with you as much as yall did. LOL. Your writing skills make everything you write so alive with excitement...that's so cool. Thanks for the post Lisa!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.