V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
KrazyGG will soon be starting a cross country trek, Texas to California and up the CA Coast. He's due in San Diego on the night of Saturday, July 20th.

How about an "eyeball" with KrazyGG on Sunday, July 21st? We could meet at San Diego H/D and slap a few backs, tell a few stories and get to meet each other. We have a number of members in the LA area. Perhaps you folks would be interested in riding down early Sunday morning? Maybe even Saturday for an overnighter? We have some members in the San Diego area. How about you members meeting us over at San Diego H/D?

I don't know if KrazyGG will be up for much of a ride on Sunday, but we'd still have a chance to get together. For the LA contingent, we'd have our ride to and from San Diego.

Leece and I are a definite for meeting with KrazyGG on Sunday, the 21st. Let me know if you're interested! ;)

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Hey PJim, I'm thinking seriously about making the quick ride to SanDiego with my bro KrazzyGG. It would mean nearly 800 miles the first day and about 720 the next. I think my little Dyna is up to the trip. I'm just worried about the two long days back without much of a rest. LOL. Sounds like the kind of riding that I like to do though so I may see you in SanDiego. I will of course be riding solo since I haven't broken the good news to my wife yet. :D. Hope to meet you and others there if everything works out.

Later,

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Members Visiting San Diego!

OK. So now we have KrazyGG and FifthGear expected in San Diego on Sunday, July 21st.

Who's up for a ride down to S/D? Who in the S/D area would like to meet those membes over at S/D H/D at 10:30 on Sunday, July 21st?

Lisa and I will be either leaving here on Saturday afternoon and hanging out in San Diego @ the Gas Lamp District OR driving down Sunday morning with who ever would like to come along. Let's here from ya'.

I understand KrazyGG would be interested in driving north and stopping in to Tom's Farm. For the LA contingent, this would be on the way home.

As an alternative, the Summer Festival is going on in Ensenada that weekend. We could do a quick drive down to El Jefe's Bar and have lobster and margaritas. Let's have some posts.

Here's a great chance to meet some membes from Texas and slapped some backs and tells some lies. I mean talk. :D

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Well, it's a go for me. I told my wife I was going!:eek: Or she told me that I could. LOL. I've been seeing reports of temperatures like 129 degrees in death vally. Think it is going to be hot passing through the desert?

Later,

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad you're confirmed, FifthGear.

Luckily, you won't be riding near Death Valley. Since you're heading into San Diego, you'll most likely be riding across AZ on I-8. Still PLENTY warm. I-10 goes out of Phoenix into CA but you'd end up 100 miles north of San Diego.

I'm working on rounding up a couple non-H/D Forum members to ride down with Leece and I. We are confirmed to meet KrazyGG and you at San Diego H/D. 10:30 a.m., Sunday, July 21st.

Will send you a PM with my telephone numbers.

Lookin' forward to catching you guys. When will you start riding out?

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Highrider, I know that it will be no picnic ride but I will take all precautions as far as hydration. I am not use to temps much over 100degrees but at 90%+ humidity here I know what ill effects heat can bring. I'll be smart about it but think everything will be OK regarding the heat. If it turns out to be more than i can handle safely i will extend the trip. I have a feeling that i won't want to come back as soon as planned though. LOL. Thanks for the input. By the way Vegas use to be my home away from home in the mid eighties and ninties. It's an exciting place for sure. It sure has grown alot the last time i was there.

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
OH, by the way highrider, are you still going to South Padre Island 'roar by the shore'? It looks like I may be able to make it there this year after all.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, we are little more than a week away for the boys from Texas to visit us here in So Cal. Leece and I are headin' down to San Diego to catch KazyGG and FifthGear. If ya'd like to ride along, drop me a PM or post a message here.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On Their Way!

Well, a couple boys from the Lone Star State will soon be on their way to the Golden State.

KrazyGG and FifthGear will soon for leaving for SoCal. Leece and I, and maybe a couple others, will meet them over at San Diego Harley, Sunday, July 21st @ 10:30 a.m.

Have a safe ride out, boys. We'll see ya' Sunday.

;)

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
I'm here at home sitting on GO jim. We'll be leaving at 6:00 in the morning. I decided not to work tonight so the first days ride should be a little less tiring than I planned on. We'll be in Poway, Cali Saturday evening. See ya on Sunday. If you need to contact us you can use my cell phone number that will be turned on starting tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I also took off and on ready,I'll be waiting on Fifth Gear and when he get's here we'll be on our way.Hoping to really have a blast. I didn't get my CD changer in so I'll just have to play the radio or cass.See ya'll soon.

G.G.

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
KrazyGG said:
I also took off and on ready,I'll be waiting on Fifth Gear and when he get's here we'll be on our way.Hoping to really have a blast. I didn't get my CD changer in so I'll just have to play the radio or cass.See ya'll soon.

G.G.
Ha!!! I guess i'll just have to sing! LOL

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Happy trails to you both!

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
KrazyGG and FifthGear are on the road as I post. Lisa and I will be leaving late tomorrow morning and driving down to San Diego. We'll decide after we get there whether we'll drive on into Mexico and have a bite of lobster. Or just hang-out in the Gas Lamp District and enjoy the S/D environment.

We're scheduled to meet a few folks @ San Diego Harley at 10:30 on Sunday morning. For those who want to hook up, you can reach me on my cell phone#: 626/399-6239. (If you go into voice mail, I'll call ya' back.)

We're betting that Fifth & Krazy won't be up to doing much in a way of ride on Sunday. But we'll take a pic or two for the group and post it on Sunday night.

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
jim - just don't tell Fifth what you are gonna do with that pic, ok?LOL Have a great time! Can't wait to hear all about it!

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Report from San Diego

Met up with the boys from Texas this morning at San Diego Harley. Aside from lookin' a bit sun burnt, they didn't seem any worse for the wear after a 1500 mile ride in 2 days.;)

A group of 9 of us had breakfast at a local spot. Told stories, made new friends and had an enjoyable time. Then we rode north to a spot called Tom's Farm. Good music. Beer in the shade and more stories. :D

It was great meeting KrazyGG and FifthGear. Two fine men. I look forward to seeing both of them again.

KrazyGG and his lady will be starting a 2+ week trip up the CA Coast and then inland to South Dakota. They will be there just before the Rally.

FifthGear will be undertaking a solo ride back to Texas in a day or so. He'll be back with us soon.

Both of the boys would like everyone to know they're fine and will be posting again. Soon.

And YES, there will be a couple pics posted!!! But we've got to deal with some domestic stuff first.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Damn, sounded like fun! Wish I could of joined you but 3K on a Sportster just won't cut it!

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Coffee @ San Diego Harley

KrazyGG, pasadenajim & FifthGear: Having Coffee (and not very good coffee at that!) @ San Diego Harley 7/21/02 10:30 a.m.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hopefully a Smaller Picture!!!

Well, I thought I made a copy 25%. Let's see if this pic is smaller.

A group of H/D Forum members outside of San Diego Harley, 7/21/02

1 - 20 of 40 Posts