V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Samson true duals/SE mufflers

Is anyone running Samson true duals with the older SE touring mufflers? (the ones with welded in baffles) I have a 03 flhrpi, P.C. Ness Big sucker and WIld Pigs. The pigs are just a bit too loud at highway speed 2 up for long distances. I am thinking about going to true duals because of the heat problem off the rear header and am trying to decide between Reinharts with quiet baffles or Samsons and using the mufflers I already own. any suggestions are helpfull. Thanks

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
sportyrider1 said:
Is anyone running Samson true duals with the older SE touring mufflers? (the ones with welded in baffles) I have a 03 flhrpi, P.C. Ness Big sucker and WIld Pigs. The pigs are just a bit too loud at highway speed 2 up for long distances. I am thinking about going to true duals because of the heat problem off the rear header and am trying to decide between Reinharts with quiet baffles or Samsons and using the mufflers I already own. any suggestions are helpfull. Thanks
Don't forget about the V&H dresser duals or the Bub cross dressers. Both systems will let you use any standard muffler. Rinehart is the only proprietary size muffler.

I don't like the Samsons because they go straight back. Other true duals rise up. Its all a matter of taste though.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked at the V&H web site and it looks like the left pipe would come out real close to the passengers leg, I cant find a picture of the left side bub pipe but if it is shaped like the rienharts it would fit the bill.

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
V&H actually redesigned it so it is stupidly close to the side cover now and away from the left passenger board.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts