V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I was 43, 15 years ago!!
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy!

Anyone that has or had used SAMSON SLANT CUT ROLLED THUNDER MUFFLERS on there Bagger have some input; sound, performance, fit & finish?

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
I can let you know end of the week-first of next week, after mine are on and the bike is tuned.
Doc swears by them, as does the wrench who did my build (probably 'cause Doc was his SE instructor...)
One thing I've noticed is that the rolled edge on the ones I've seen tends to get sooty, so I got the mitre cut (slant down) ones...

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
I have installed many sets of those before. They fit great, I alway use new O.E style clamps on any slip on muffler. Perfomance wise i like them best, in the slip on category. Doc swears by them, so thats good enough for me!!!! :)The finish, well that i can say that they are much better than they used to be. I had 2 cases of them yellowing on me but that was years ago. the ones I put on recently have been great. Now i hope Doc and the other master tuners could compare them with the v+h ovals.......hope this helps and good luck

·
Average Dude
6,263 Posts
When doing a 98" build with 37g, 9.7:1 cast flattop pistons, the Sampson Rolled Thunder slip ons and street ported heads....would you use the stock header pipe or something else?? I would prefer to stay with dual mufflers. I do not care too much for the looks of the 2:1's. I realize this may cost a few digits of hp/tq. True Duals, stock header?

YB

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
i just put on a pair as per doc's suggestion. they're gettin a bit louder now...must be the cool snap. finish and fit are great. i got straight cuts.:thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts