V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Y'all
I have been looking for some new pipes for my '01 deuce that won't discolor my swingarm. I eally like the looks of the Ripsaw pipes. Can anyone tell me are they turned down enough to blow trash up off the road? I have a long dirt driveway to get down. Do the short slashers and ripsaws sound the same? I really like the way they have followed the angle of the swing arm with these two sets of pipes. I really like the ripsaws apperance, and from what I have read here they sound awsome. I would like to hear from someone on the turndown issue, please.. I really appreciate any advise y'all can give. Merry Christmas and may God Bless us all!

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
The Ripsaws will have a tendency to blow some debris around since they turn down somewhat at the exits, where-as the Short Slashers may soot up your swingarm and rear wheel due to the straight exits.

I concur regarding the look of these two styles of pipes with the Softail frame. I chose the Street Sweepers for my Dyna, due in part to the turn out/down exits so as to keep the soot off the rear of the bike. They do the trick!

Hope you like loud!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hey old bob..... I had a lady fire up her Fatboy so I could hear the Ripsaws. She was parked on a gravel lot...when it started, the exhaust gasses blew a crater in the lot. Of course I'm stretching it a bit but the dust was flying. I would imagine if on a dry day, going down your dirt driveway, you'd be blowing up some dust too.

Sorry, I've never had a chance to hear the short slashers

I've decided on the Ripsaws. Just haven't made up my mind as to the new version or the older Ripsaws. Let us know what you decided to get.

·
Registered
335 Posts
mine clean off the back patio fwirly well evey tim i fire it up. on a dirt road i don't believe it will throw any more dirt then the front tire.

·
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jay 21; You make a good point. The front tire already makes a good mess. Going down the highway the dust kicked up will be a non issue. I think I want the new style. I know they have the seam in the pipe, but the heat shields are full length made on type. So that looks better than the old ones, plus you get a small baffle so tuning should be same as my old pipes, no cones needed. I am sure they will still be plenty loud. Thanks for the relpies guys-Rob
Any one run/saw the short slashers in person?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts