V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any issues with Samson quality? And are there any users of their "Stealth" mufflers? If so what are your impressions as far as performance and sound quality? Thanks and Happy New Year!

·
Banned
17,238 Posts
samson

the brackets on the heat shields kept coming unwelded so when I had the welds made stronger it ruined the chrome so we bead-blasted it off and painted it high-temp black. Also, the front header pipe cracked completely in 2 at the sharp bend. All the blame is not all Samson. I hear there is a major problem with Dynas and the pipes floating with the engine is too much vibration. My indy told me that and it was also mentioned in AIM. The problem is probably poor installation in not tightening everything in the proper sequence.
Fred

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
I thinks sampsons quality is not bad......I have installed a bunch of their slip ons in the past and most of them have been good. The only complain i have heard and seen on a couple rare instances is their chrome has pitted and mufflers yellowed......Again this was a couple years ago i havent really used anything withing the last 6 months.....They do come with a 1 year man. defect warranty though.......http://www.samsonusa.com/samsonhome.html

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
I have the new model fishtails and the quality seems fine to me, no problems after 3 months.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sea-weed said:
Has anyone had any issues with Samson quality? And are there any users of their "Stealth" mufflers? If so what are your impressions as far as performance and sound quality?
I had the so-called "Stealth" mufflers on my '05 FLHTCI, very briefly.
They wern't "stealthy" enough for me, way too loud actually, so I sold 'em.

Now running S&S SPO slip-ons and have never regretted my choice. An excellent product in all respects!

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
stratslingr77 said:
Mori
What is the sound like on your fishtails? Is it an obnoxious loud or a good loud? Do you have the baffles or not?
The samsons sound great. I had V&H bigshot long's before the samson's and i think the samson's sound a lot better. The pipes sound great when you get on it, whenever i go on a ride with someone i get a complement on the sound. The "new" samson's don't have a removable baffle.
What else is nice is since the pipes exit behind ,you don't have that noise in your right ear all the time.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have the Samson Stealth slip-ons on my 06 FLHTSE103. They are NOT very stealthy. They do sound very nice though. The idle on my bike is a very deep camy, lopy sound. I get alot of coments on it. However, it is at least as loud as standard Samson pipes and the Kerkers or the old SE performance pipes. That is around town and at idle speeds where the pipes compete very hard at drowning out the stereo. When you actually hit cruising speeds above 50mph the pipes do mellow out and still sound good but allow you to listen to the stereo comfortably.
Magnum

·
Registered
156 Posts
I had them, they were too loud for me. Looked great, sounded good, just loud.

I ended up the with S/E touring mufflers. I'm very happy with them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts