V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any body have the new challengers. How do they sound. Still looking exhaust for my 2003 softail. Any advice will be greatly appriciated. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Samson "Challenger" pipes

-cpbuffett-

I have the Samson "Challenger-Wildcat" pipes (see link below) on my 01' Fatboy and I love them. They look great, are plenty loud and I have yet to see them on another Fatboy. As a matter of fact, whenever I have work done on my bike at one of the H-D dealerships in Phoenix the service guys always remark that they like the look of the pipes. I love the V&H pipes, especially the Big Shots (love that deep burbling sound) but everyone has them on their Fatboys and I wanted a different look. At $500 they are pretty pricey but I am very pleased with their look and performance. I will post a pic of my bike when I get a chance so you can see for yourself.

http://www.samsonusa.com/home86.html

·
Seasoned Rider
108 Posts
Right on MT24....cool pipes. Can't wait to see a picture! I agree with you...love the V&H but every Fatty has them and I am looking for something different too. Also looking at Samson Big Guns II long slashers. How is the sound of the Challengers? Are you running a baffle?
Lots of questions...but this pipe thing keeps me up at night!
Thanks,
Lubey

·
Registered
57 Posts
Samson "Challenger" pipes pic

I tried to post a pic of my Fatboy with the Samson Challenger pipes and it said the files was too big. If anyone is interested in the pic I can email it to them directly or if they know how I can make the file size smaller so that I attach the picture on this forum I can do that. Thanks.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just read the new publication published annually by Cycle world on Performance. They realy like the new D&D 2/1. Standard pipe configuration, but the sound and performace are not ordinary. An alternative are the new Pythons 2/2 that have the same power chamber as on the V&H Big Shots, but I am told they have a deeper sound.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MT24

Thanks for the response. I went to order my pipes yesterday. The dealer had a bike like mine with the v&h big shot staggered. Sound was awsome. I got the v&h with a s.e. air cleaner and rejets. Picking my bike up first of march. Now I might be able to sleep at night.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts