V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post to the forums....

I've recently sold my xl1200c (to my father in law, thank God I've still got visiting rights!) and bought a StreetBob. When I did the stage 1 on the sporty I had my heart set on the Samson Big Guns in the Street Sweeper cut. At the time, the Samsons had a fitment issue with 03 Sportsters so I went with HardKrome pipes. Did the re-jet myself with what I thought was pretty decent results. Now I'm into the Bob and I've finally got around to my question...

First off, anybody heard anything at all about the Samsons for the 06 Dyna?

Secondly, if I were to go with a set of SE slip-ons, am I going to be spending the same money to get the EFI up to where it needs to be with the slips just as I would with the Samsons? These new Samsons are suposed to have the o2 sensor bungs and I wonder how this would efect the re-map. Do I need it? Do I have to go with a PC or SERT?

I know this is a rookie question but, this EFI has really got me extra cautious.

On that note, I wanna say Thank You to all of you in the forums. I've been learning alot by just reading in the last few weeks.I'd like to step up and take a speakin' part to if I could.

·
Registered
62 Posts
yes you will need a re-map I've been told that the stealers now have this for the 06's
secondly STAY AWAY FROM THE SAMSON PIPES!!!!!!!
they suck and will hurt you more than they will help they are not good for power and fitment is even worse!!!
find yourself something with a similar look form someone else:nono: :nono: :nono:

·
Pimp Daddy
386 Posts
bigjon460 said:
yes you will need a re-map I've been told that the stealers now have this for the 06's
secondly STAY AWAY FROM THE SAMSON PIPES!!!!!!!
they suck and will hurt you more than they will help they are not good for power and fitment is even worse!!!
find yourself something with a similar look form someone else:nono: :nono: :nono:
True with the past sets but I've read nothing but glowing reviews from people on here about Samsons new pipes, the 3 series. Just do a search for Samson exhaust and decide for yourself, my buddy has a set and I think they look and sound awesome, infact they are higher quality than my V&H...

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. After I posted the first time, I read quite a bit more and looked at a few more reviews. I think for now I'll be going with slip-ons. Biggest reason is what I had to lay out for the p-pad and other necessaries for my wife to be able to ride also. I've read some pretty good things about the Cycle Shacks and I like the end cuts that they offer.

Appreciate you all helping out the new guy, I'll probably need alot more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts