V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to travel a lot on my motorcycle due to my job. I had a helmet(cracked) before, but it's of no use so, I am planning to buy a new helmet. I have seen some reviews about Safest Helmets, but I am confused between VEGA and HJC C70,
I found both amusing, but still, I have to buy one. So can anyone give me some personal experience of it? Which is better?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Great subject.......
I always rode with Bell. Not sure how they rate now. I will never forget my Eddie Lawson Bell,,,,,,I loved that Helmet.
Not sure if it is still going on but a few months back they, (cycle gear) were giving you 150 credit to turn in your old helmet for a high end bucket.
Makes a $500 helmet suddenly approachable.

·
Super Moderator
3,108 Posts
Just a heads up for the thread starter and others....The link has been removed.Not sure whether it was a spam attempt or not.Time usually tells.

Update.
I'm disappointed.I was looking forward to more posts from Vamos.Says he's from Madrid but his internet connection is in Pakistan.
I still stand by my helmet recommendations.

·
Registered
11,790 Posts
I like the Shoei half helmet and an AK88 is my usual hat to wear. I have a Bell open face for my ears during toy runs. The toy runs never run on a nice day.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
I have to travel a lot on my motorcycle due to my job. I had a helmet(cracked) before, but it's of no use so, I am planning to buy a new helmet. I have seen some reviews about Safest Helmets, but I am confused between VEGA and HJC C70,
I found both amusing, but still, I have to buy one. So can anyone give me some personal experience of it? Which is better?

Sucks when you find out your helmet blew open, I've heard the ribbed kind are stronger, give those a try

·
Registered
11,790 Posts
Well I have endeavored to wear the best that I could afford. The Shoei half helmet is a hefty few $$, but it has a neck curtain if it gets cool.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
I wear a Shoei J Cruise when I commute on the bike. It is a 3/4 and the face shield is pretty nice on the highway. Around town I have a Harley half-helmet that I wear. There isn't much worse than getting caught on the highway in rain without a face shield.

·
Registered
2013 Electra Glide Ultra Classic
51 Posts
I use a schuberth C3 Pro modular, I love it, it pretty quiet, and very light, the sun shade that pulls down is very handy I don't even need sun glasses.
I use ear buds hooked up to my phone with Spotify.
These helmets are 700 new. I found mine on ebay new for 500 dollars.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts