V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 FLSTF and am considering putting out the coin for a saddlemen explorer seat. I want to sit about 1 inch lower than the stock seat and not lean as far back. Has anyone had any luck with this seat. I really wanted a solo seat, but I normally ride two-up.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
explorer seat

I'm strongly considering the explorer seat as well. Looking for the lower back support. Unfortunately I can't find a local dealer where I can check it out. I'm a little hesitant to shell out 5 benjamins for a seat, sight unseen.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I was looking for the Explorer but everyone was out of stock so I went with the LePera Sorrento. cybercycles.com sell the explorer for around 250.00 and they will be coming in soon, although they may have them in stock for other bikes. I will be taking a 400 mile run next week, I'll post on the comfort of the LePera.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Let me know what you think. The best price I have found on the Explorer is $339. I moved up my handlebars and that helped the back pain some, but I need to get a set that has a little more pull back, about 2 inches. The guy at my local bike store says that Heritage bars will give me 1.75 higher and 2 back. I want to try the new seat first, but may have to do a seat and bar combination for long term comfort.

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
www.directparts.com has that saddlemen explorer seat for 307.95 and free shipping. At their homepage type "ds8100j" in the product search field. Or get any part number off saddlemen's website for other seats and add the "ds" to get directparts price.

·
Registered
135 Posts
How do Corbin Seats compare to Saddlemen seats? Or, how do Saddlemen seats compare to Corbin seats?

From what I have heard people say about H-D stock seats I am looking at getting an aftermarket seat for my Heritage, when I get it.

·
Registered
565 Posts
The stock seat on my 02 Heritage is very comfortable for 1000 mile weekend trips, but it really needs a removable backrest.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info mrgrinch. I just sold my dirt bike last night so I am now seriously in the market.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts