V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 FLSTF and am considering putting out the coin for a saddlemen explorer seat. I want to sit about 1 inch lower than the stock seat and not lean as far back. Has anyone had any luck with this seat. I really wanted a solo seat, but I normally ride two-up.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
explorer seat

I'm strongly considering the explorer seat as well. Looking for the lower back support. Unfortunately I can't find a local dealer where I can check it out. I'm a little hesitant to shell out 5 benjamins for a seat, sight unseen.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I was looking for the Explorer but everyone was out of stock so I went with the LePera Sorrento. cybercycles.com sell the explorer for around 250.00 and they will be coming in soon, although they may have them in stock for other bikes. I will be taking a 400 mile run next week, I'll post on the comfort of the LePera.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Let me know what you think. The best price I have found on the Explorer is $339. I moved up my handlebars and that helped the back pain some, but I need to get a set that has a little more pull back, about 2 inches. The guy at my local bike store says that Heritage bars will give me 1.75 higher and 2 back. I want to try the new seat first, but may have to do a seat and bar combination for long term comfort.

·
Registered
135 Posts
How do Corbin Seats compare to Saddlemen seats? Or, how do Saddlemen seats compare to Corbin seats?

From what I have heard people say about H-D stock seats I am looking at getting an aftermarket seat for my Heritage, when I get it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts