V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a lot of good feedback on my prior thread re: seat selection for my 03 Fatboy. One of the pieces of advice was to try a Heritage seat. I found one on Ebay for $100 brand new and bought it. THAT is a comfortable seat..thanks PCMA! It's not like my Corbin Classic solo in terms of firmness and I haven't done a long ride with it, but it sure does feel right. It's cushy but someone feels extremely comfortable. I couldn't afford not to buy it at $100. For now, I'm still looking for the perfect quality seat. A co-worker let me try his Mustang Wide Touring with touring pillion. It was comfortable and well made but that pilliion is way too big, comfort or not. Maybe the wide touring with the smaller pillion? It did seem to move me up a bit. Anyone done that?

I really like the look of the Saddlemen Classic explorer, but I'm afraid of being moved up too much. It looks like with that 8" back support it might do that. Also, the skirt along the edges, which is really kind of the look I want , doesn't look to quite match the rest of the seat in pics? Anyone own own of these? Comfort, quality feedback?

I'm still seriously considering the LePera Maverick or Sorrento studded, but I gotta say those C&C seats someone posted on here sure look nice. Anyone on a softail with any of the seats above:

Saddlemen Explorer

Saddlemen Renegade Solo with pillion

LePera Maverick or Sorrento

Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Saddlemen Explorer

I was in the process of ordering an Explorer when the salesman told me how wide the pillion is. I changed my order to the Saddlemen King seat. I really like the way it looks and it has a really steep back support. I road 100 miles with NO discomfort. Expect to be about 2" closer to the bars and 1" lower. It is narrower so you can get your legs closer together. The gel pad is great. It is narrower in the passenger seat as well. I am not sure if they have ti for Fatboys or not.

http://www.saddlemen.com/harleyindex.html

·
Registered
211 Posts
Saddlemen Explorer Classic

I bought a Saddlemen Classic Explorer w/ driver backrest for my '03 FLSTCI about 1 year ago, and I love it. It has a nice, deep bucket so it won't move you forward on the bike, but the pillion portion would probably be too wide for you (14") from what you described. I tried the HD classic seat w/ backrest first, and hated it instantly (moved me way too far forward and constantly slid me up on the tank), but I have nothing but good things to say about the Explorer. The first long trip I took on it was 400 miles to Myrtle Beach and I felt great afterwards. Once you get the gel broke in, it's very comfortable.

·
bp central Ohio
38 Posts
JagmanR said:
I really like the look of the Saddlemen Classic explorer, but I'm afraid of being moved up too much. It looks like with that 8" back support it might do that. Also, the skirt along the edges, which is really kind of the look I want , doesn't look to quite match the rest of the seat in pics? Anyone own own of these? Comfort, quality feedback?

check out this link for prices, under softtailcmh;
http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66476&page=2

1 - 4 of 4 Posts