V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of buying a SaddleGel pad to put on my seat. They are sold by American Motorcycle Specialties for $79.95. I can get it with a synthetic leather or a synthetic Sheepskin. I tend to go on long trips and my seat on my Softail Standard needs some help. Does anyone have this product? Does it work? Any comments welcomed. Thanks.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I don't have the removable type you describe but I did send my Fatboy seat off last spring to have Gel and memory foam installed. After that I took a 3000 mi. trip with no problems. I would still need to stretch after a couple of hours but my butt came through fine, much better than before.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Desert Rat,
Where did you have your seat done?

Did you have the passenger seat done also?

How was the turnaround and price?

Thanks,
Rodan

·
Registered
521 Posts
I've tried to find the name of the guy that did it for me, but I haven't found it yet. I found him on the net when I was look for a seat for my son's sportster. I decided to try the gel on my fatboy instead. I sent the seat and his turnaround was one day. It cost $130 more or less plus shipping. I will return here with his name if I can find it.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Thanks for the info. I've been looking into the "Butt Buffer" foam insert w/ some interest, but the combination of foam and gel might work a little better.
Rodan :)

·
Registered
521 Posts
I finally found the info on one of my home systems. I got the work done at www.gelseat.com . The seat is a little puffier than before foam was installed but after you sit on it a little while it flattens out and looks almost the same as before foam. Give Dave a call if you're interested.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts