V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
member
Joined
·
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Y'all
I am wanting a cheap set of those throw over saddle bags to put on my Deuce. I don't want a rigid mount set. Anyone try the easy off kind on a deuce? Thanks-Rob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
679 Posts
Give Willie and Max saddebags a look. Great prices.

Willie and Max
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
384 Posts
If you get leather bags without a skeleton inside then rain will make them saggy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,413 Posts
Ol Rob said:
Hey Y'all
I am wanting a cheap set of those throw over saddle bags to put on my Deuce. I don't want a rigid mount set. Anyone try the easy off kind on a deuce? Thanks-Rob
Just curious. Why would you spend a pretty good chunk of $$$ for a good looking bike, then want to put on a cheap set of throw over bags??? Seems kinda contradictory to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
522 Posts
Ed Y

I will tell you why..cuz $600-700 from HD is a rip off. Go to sturgis and you can get just as good if not better set for $150-350. People who feel the need to only buy HD products are sheep being feed for slaughter. HD knows their prices are outragous. Aftermarket products are often times much better because these people are trying to make a living whereas HD is just floating on the cash they make off their over priced product.

By the way, I have a Willie and Max set which I really like...Sturgis 2002 for $145.
 

·
FOG
Joined
·
6,970 Posts
Ummm......dunno that EdY was necessarily talking about H-D bags. There are several good bags out there that aren't H-D stamped.....and there are some H-D stamped bags that aren't very good. Lessee......you can buy good bags that are moderately or ridiculously priced and you can buy cheaply made bags that are cheap, moderate or high priced. Just gotta do research, look around and talk to folks....like here. I got a great deal on new, very nice H-D Dyna bags on Ebay.
 

·
member
Joined
·
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey, y'all
Here is the deal. I don't care about the bags that much, because I don't want them on the bike. I just need some from time to time on overnight trips, but dont care for them to stay on the bike once I get there even. Deuces seem hard to fit for bags, only a few even say will fit. I just want a set that will haul my stuff and not scratch the bike ect.. I would even take cordura if they would work. I would gladly pay for the nice harley bags if that was the look I wanted. But they are pricey and not very removable. So, has anyone rode the deuce with any not rigid bag?
PS, a deuce has no provision for bag supports either.-Rob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
i want a set for me fat boy, but over here they are about £700(gen HD) and BLOODY TINY...will be going down the cheap throwover route too methinks for the odd occasion i need em
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
679 Posts
Ol Rob said:
Hey, y'all
Here is the deal. I don't care about the bags that much, because I don't want them on the bike. I just need some from time to time on overnight trips, but dont care for them to stay on the bike once I get there even. Deuces seem hard to fit for bags, only a few even say will fit. I just want a set that will haul my stuff and not scratch the bike ect.. I would even take cordura if they would work. I would gladly pay for the nice harley bags if that was the look I wanted. But they are pricey and not very removable. So, has anyone rode the deuce with any not rigid bag?
PS, a deuce has no provision for bag supports either.-Rob
Willie&Max should suit your needs well. Also look in eBay under 'saddlebags', there are plenty.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
384 Posts
I do the bungie thing to the back rack. It's easier than stuffing the jacket into a bag.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,001 Posts
A friend bought Willie and Max bags and they looked so good I bought a set. I've had them for 3 years and they look great. Never been off the bike in that time, been through rain and heat, etc. I put some t shirt material between them and the fender-no scratches that I can see. You can get them on the internet or ads in bike mags for about $100.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
The Duece is a very nice looking bike. I would spend the extra money and get some bags that compliment the bike. I think that Boss Bags makes the best looking saddlebags for a Deuce. They have ghost brackets. Here is a link: Boss Bags

I will try to post some photos:






They run between $750 and $840.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
call me crazy..
I went to the feed store and bought regular leather saddle bags (like for riding horses).
30 bucks. They hold enough stuff for me. After a wee bit of adjustment, I secured them under the seat. They probably aren't as fancy as some folks have, but are functional and easy to remove. I don't think the leather will wear on the chrome much and remember to keep them off the paint.

Be safe!
CHaz
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,624 Posts
Throw over bags look out of place on any bike, whether they are Willie and Max, feed store units, or flea market specials. The rub your paint or scrub on the tire or just plain flop around. VTwin post a set that look like two leather picnic baskets from the back. I think they suck too. If I needed to carry stuff for traveling, I'd get a T-Bag. I don't really care for the Deuce or Douche, some call it, but why junk it up with a set of cheesy saddlebags? I know that this is going to get some good responses from all you guys with the swap meet special bags with the embossed eagles, live to ride, conchos, or fringe all over them.
 
G

·
Its your ride, do what you want ... if you do what everybody else says, you'll end up with a bike just like everyone has...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
xxxflhrci said:
Throw over bags look out of place on any bike, whether they are Willie and Max, feed store units, or flea market specials. The rub your paint or scrub on the tire or just plain flop around. VTwin post a set that look like two leather picnic baskets from the back. I think they suck too. If I needed to carry stuff for traveling, I'd get a T-Bag. I don't really care for the Deuce or Douche, some call it, but why junk it up with a set of cheesy saddlebags? I know that this is going to get some good responses from all you guys with the swap meet special bags with the embossed eagles, live to ride, conchos, or fringe all over them.
Good idea, however, I don't use them that often so why bare the expense? Which brings me to another topic of how come they didn't put a place on the thing for tools? I have an FXD. NO ***** bar, cause there ain't no ***** getting on it. No windshield, ever tried to fly through one of them babies? I'm not the type or size for all of the added weight and wind resistance. For me, the saddle bags at 30 bucks are mucho better than what you're talking about. But then, some have never tied a bed roll to the handlebars.

Be well, ride safe bro and if ya see something at a swap meet, check it out! I heard they sell really nifty stuff much cheaper than your local "stealer".

Chaz
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,597 Posts
xxxflhrci, you had me rollin on your post :D I did also like the picnic basket thing ;) :D :D Yup, it's got to have "Live to ride, ride to live" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D Are we still in the 70s :p :p Keep them cummin, triple X :cool: :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
679 Posts
VTwin said:
The Duece is a very nice looking bike. I would spend the extra money and get some bags that compliment the bike. I think that Boss Bags makes the best looking saddlebags for a Deuce. They have ghost brackets. Here is a link: Boss Bags ...

$750 and $840.
For $800 will it give me a blowjob too? I guess if you're loaded it's fine, but not on my budget.
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top