V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'd like to install saddlebags on myt 1200S. According to both the catalog and the dealership, the 1200S does not accomodate (because of the rear shocks) any of the leather saddlebags as the supports will not fit.

I would like know if any of you have tried any of the non HD leather throw over saddlebags on either a 1200 S or any other XL for that matter. And, how did you mount them, tie them off etc. Did they do any damage to your paint, interfer with any other equipment, etc.

Thanks for any advice.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jockeyshift, thanks for the response. Two other quick questions. When you say the previous owner tied them off under the seat, can you tell if he had to move the turn signals? i.e., I've read some saddlebags require you to relocate the directional signals. I don't want to have to do that if not necessary.

Second, about what size are the bags? I went out to the Willie and Max web site and they have many, many models. Can you give me a "rough" idea of the dimension of the ones which you have installed?

Oh, and one third question. You mention they are tied off on the front. Is there only a tie off for the front or also for the back? Looking at my "S" this morning, not sure how I'd tie off in the real.

Thanks again for your response. It is appreciated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.