V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm riding a 1998 Road King. For the last 100,000 miles I have been sitting on a Corbin Classic Solo saddle. For long days I place a Air Hawk pad on the saddle. Everything has worked well until recently. Age related crap is beginning to bother me; especially hips and knees. I am constantly trying to push myself up so as to open the angle at my hip. I believe I need to find a saddle that will allow me to sit higher so my knees will be below my hips.

My other bike is a 2016 KTM Super Adventure with a very upright riding position where the pegs are below the saddle and my knees are below my hips. Long days of 10 to 12 hours are not a problem.

Can any of you suggest a saddle that will raise me up?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Attachments

·
Registered
10,297 Posts
A Mustang seat will set you a little taller and won't break your wallet. I have a 2 up Corbin and my Mustang solo is definitely better.

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,381 Posts
Call the munufacturers whose seats you're interested in. Tell them what you need and they'll tell you which seat they recommend. Hell, call them all.

joe

·
Registered
10,297 Posts
I was cleaning my Corbin seat and noticed underneath a sticker said bubble foam. This foam is what made Mustang famous. I wondered why this seat felt different than the board I had on the Goldwing. I bought this seat used from a yankee on the forum. That is a cheap option cuz if you don't like it you can always resell it here and don't lose any money.

·
Premium Member
3,397 Posts
I've got the same Corbin on my softail. Maybe you should try a Mustang. Much cushier but still firm enough and I think it would add some height.

·
Registered
10,297 Posts
I've got the same Corbin on my softail. Maybe you should try a Mustang. Much cushier but still firm enough and I think it would add some height.
Yup the Mustang sat me taller than the pos OEM seat. I will put the Corbin on tomorrow. After riding the Mustang the Corbin felt like I was sitting on the bottom of the tub. Definitely in the bike instead of on it.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I made the mistake of removing the Police air-ride seat on my '97 FLHP. I've tried about 10 other seats , but all are too damn low. Yes , I'm old and busted up my left leg and hip, and shifting is now a PITA! Going back to a police saddle , but got a 2016 set-up which uses an adjustable coil-over shock under the seat in place of the air shock.

·
Registered
10,297 Posts
I made the mistake of removing the Police air-ride seat on my '97 FLHP. I've tried about 10 other seats , but all are too damn low. Yes , I'm old and busted up my left leg and hip, and shifting is now a PITA! Going back to a police saddle , but got a 2016 set-up which uses an adjustable coil-over shock under the seat in place of the air shock.
Kinda makes you want one of the old pogo stick seats.

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,381 Posts

·
Registered
15,754 Posts
Pogo stick. That's what those damm T-bars look like to me.

joe
I'm pretty sure there were a lot of things we did when younger that old farts couldn't grasp.

I'm just here for the beer.

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,381 Posts
I'm pretty sure there were a lot of things we did when younger that old farts couldn't grasp.

I know man, but we're evolution's high water mark. We are the ice-capped peak of the human mountain. We breathe the rarified air of "It don't get no better".

joe

·
Registered
15,754 Posts
You make us sound awesome.

I like that thought.

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,381 Posts
You make us sound awesome.

I like that thought.

It's the gospel truth... as far as I know.

joe

1 - 19 of 19 Posts