V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There:

I bought some under the seat saddle bags for my 2002 1200C Sportster. Upon putting these bags into place, will they flop around alot? If yes, is there any easy way to keep them from doing that? I thought maybe I could cut two slits on the back of each saddle bag and place a leather strap around the back of the shocks and stabilize them through the slits?

Thanks, in advance, for your help and advice.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I believe most throwovers (or under-seat) saddlebags have little straps you can use for a tiedown? We used little itty-bitty bungie cords for this when we had them.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah HA!

Ok. There is one set of leather straps on each bag, which I assume ties to the frame? When you stated tiny bungee cords, where did you get them and how did you attach them to the bag and bike?

Thanks,

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
GoneRiding, normaly the over/under the seat saddle bags are secured to a saddlebag support. They not only secure the bag but keep them from getting caught in the rotating parts of the back end, swing arm and brake caliper. Some for sporties do require relocating the rear turn signals but if you are going to use these bags often i would suggest getting them. Here is an example from J&P Cycles:

http://www.jpcycles.com/shop/produc...D=91&mscssid=MK4EH5DTEESR2M5F00S7N4BU5ESGFT8E

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you

I thought that maybe the strings may get caught up in something and I heard elsewhere that I may need to get a turn signal relocation kit. I will look into this.

Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts