V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My street bob is set up for the detachable side plates. Is there some type of throwover support that i can easily attach and detach to the rear struts without having to relocate the blinkers?

Here is my setup:

·
Banned
154 Posts
I've just got some throw over style bags for mine.Toss them over the fender. Put the pillion on, and go. When you want to strip it down, take the pillion and bags off. No muss, no fuss. If you get the quick detach kit for your pillion, it's one thumbscrew, and everything comes off.

·
Registered
62 Posts
phreak_of_natur said:
I've just got some throw over style bags for mine.Toss them over the fender. Put the pillion on, and go. When you want to strip it down, take the pillion and bags off. No muss, no fuss. If you get the quick detach kit for your pillion, it's one thumbscrew, and everything comes off.

phreak, aren't those bags suppose to sit on a rigid bag support to prevent them from touching your rear wheel on turns?
when you remove the bags are you left with nothing other then stock bike?
looks strange to me

·
Banned
154 Posts
Bobber rider said:
phreak, aren't those bags suppose to sit on a rigid bag support to prevent them from touching your rear wheel on turns?
when you remove the bags are you left with nothing other then stock bike?
looks strange to me
The shocks keep them off the wheel. The leather is fairly rigid, so they don't "mush" into the wheel.

Yes, when they come off, and the pillion, it is back to a solo seat.

·
Registered
10 Posts
damn!

EagleArmsHBAR said:
My street bob is set up for the detachable side plates. Is there some type of throwover support that i can easily attach and detach to the rear struts without having to relocate the blinkers?

Here is my setup:
that bob sure does look sweet with the sissybar, didnt think it would look good, but it does... any more pics?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts