V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 06 Street Bob with a set of HD Synthetic saddle bags. 2 questions.

1. Is it ok to leave them on while washing the bike?

2. Is armour all or it's equivilant ok ?

thanks for any help

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
If they are synthetic, it shouldn't be a big deal to get them wet. I'd skp the Amour All because it will make them look too shiney and greasy. Did they have any care instructions when you bought them?

·
Seasoned Rider
547 Posts
Pull them when you wash the bike. The alkaline wash soap does the synthetic material no good. In addition, you will be able to get better access to the bike itself. Avoid the Armorall.

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
Personally, I took every armor all product I had and shitcanned them. Check out some of the car forums, you can get lots of info on armor all, none of it good.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Amour All has changed their formula and it is now safe to use....still would be to shinny IMO and has no cleaners in it. I would suggest Lyxol Vinylex..it is in a light blue spray bottle ( found in most auto parts stores) it is a cleaner and protectant.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info on the Armour all.....

I had the bags put on at the dealer before delivery and they didn't pass along the paperwork. I need to call them and get a copy, but I thought i'd ask you guys first.

It's actually a Denim black street bob so they suggest washing the bike with a grease cutting dish soap like dawn belive it or not. I'm guessing that stuff wouldn't be good for the material either.

I'll check out Lyxol...thank you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts