V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Jack ***
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hughie Thomasson Guitar player, singer, leader of The Outlaws, and biker passed away last night in FLA.

Huighie was one of the best guitar players in all of music. I'm glad I got to catch the Outlaws 4 times since reuniting in 2005, including 1 show just last month. RIP Hughie Thomasson, You will be missed!!!:( :(

Here is a thread with pictures of the last Outlaws show I was at last month:

http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111059

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
That's terriable news! I was a big fan. Any idea what happened or what he died of? Really like Hugie when he was with Lynyrd Skynyrd. He will be missed.

·
Jack ***
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
utrvp said:
That's terriable news! I was a big fan. Any idea what happened or what he died of? Really like Hugie when he was with Lynyrd Skynyrd. He will be missed.
From The Outlaws web site:

" With great sadness, we must announce the passing of our friend, Hughie Thomasson. Hughie died unexpectedly late Sunday night of an apparent heart attack at his home in Brooksville, Florida."

·
Registered
772 Posts
RIP Hughy

He was a great, great guitar player. Not to mention in his day, he was a pretty good singer. I consider myself to be lucky to have seen him play 3 times in my early 20's on the East coast and one time out here in Ventura circa (2000). I'll never forget the last time I saw him play he said, "Hi, we are the Outlaws and we play Outlaw music." He turned up the volume and went right into Green Grass and High tides forever..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts