V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any comments or problems with S100 cleaning products?

I heard they are very good. Cleans up a bike in no time.

Anybody have any problems???

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
This past weekend I used the S100 spray cleaner on my 19 year old, much neglected, bike. Some of the grease & most of the bugs, came off instantly. The was some remaining gunk that the S100 wouldn't touch & I still had to scrub it off by hand. After using the S100 spray, I still ended up washing the bike by hand & then re-waxing. They spray helped, but I think there is no substitute for good old fashioned elbow grease.

Also, I used a tube of the S100 polish on the pipes & what a difference. The guy who owned the bike before me spilled some battery acid on the pipes & they are now permanently etched. Since they never looked good from the start, I didn't pay much attention to them & they started to develope some surface rust. The polish took all but the worst of the rust & made it dissappear.

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
I use and like S100 products, but rinse thoroughly. I have seen the inside of all my allen bolts and some other parts develop rust after using S100.

·
Registered
5 Posts
After listening to my buddy rave about S100 total cycle cleaner I tried it. It does clean the gunk off well. One thing I am unhappy about is the streaking. It is nearly impossible to rinse it out off all the places that will drip after you dry the bike off. The drips will leave streaks and the dust sticks to the residue. Now I only use it for hard to reach areas and use car soap and water on the rest. One product I am very happy with is the engine restorer. It brightened up my faded jugs and restored the black finish on my faded cast wheels. I have been looking for something to clean or restore the wheels for years with little success. They look like new.

·
Registered
106 Posts
S100 works pretty good if the bike isn't to dirty.Rode out to Texas in Aug. and on the way back had to ride in the rain from eastern New Mexico to Kingmen Az. The S100 wouldn't touch the grime , had to do some serious scrubing to get the bike clean.

·
Registered
1 Posts
S100

I've used S100 products for bikes over the past few years and generally am really happy. It works well if you stay on top of things and it's easy. You do have to rinse really well to get a streak-free finish - I recommend using a leaf blower to dry the bike, while it's running.

I've heard S100 is very hard on rubber and plastic parts because it dries them out
(I see some evidence on my bikes) so you might want to be careful.

Anyone familiar with the B.O.M. (Best Averall Method) family of products? I'm trying them this year and so far am pleased. What about Pig Snot? Both of these are supposed to be as good as S100 without the "drying" problem.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Double your money-- mix the S-100 1/2 with water-- works about as well. The Gel wheel cleaner works well on solid wheels (deuce) and also fairly well on front spokes from what I have used.

Any tips on cleaning spokes on the disc side?

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Back Again!

Well, we haven't had this thread for awhile!:)

During the early days of the Forum, back when we had to walk 20 miles up hill both ways to get to & from school and ran our Harleys by rubbing two sticks together, there was a lengthy and ongoing thread about cleaning products.

S100 was discussed at length in that thread. Pros and Cons. Several members were "HOT" both ways.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I picked up a large spray bottle a few months ago just to do general washing.
Bottom line, if your bike just has road dust on it, it is a waste of money.
Car wash concentrate works just as well.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Re: Back Again!

pasadenajim said:
Well, we haven't had this thread for awhile!:)

During the early days of the Forum, back when we had to walk 20 miles up hill both ways to get to & from school and ran our Harleys by rubbing two sticks together, there was a lengthy and ongoing thread about cleaning products.

S100 was discussed at length in that thread. Pros and Cons. Several members were "HOT" both ways.
...yea, that search feature (upper right corner) saves a lot of repeats..........:rolleyes:

·
Registered
401 Posts
After hearing about others complain that S-100 corrodes, my bud started using Simple Green to wash his bike, does a good job. Anyone else out there tried this. BTW The motorcycle dryer, ie leaf blower, works really well, with bike running or not.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Oh, I thought he meant the leaf blower had to be running! :D

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I use S100 products mostly to save time. And they work for me so far. I will still use a rag on the tough stuff.
"Double your money-- mix the S-100 1/2 with water-- works about as well." TRUE
"I recommend using a leaf blower to dry the bike, while it's running." Leaf blower YES, while bike is running NEVER. Running Engine gets hot, pipes get hot even quicker and make nice water spots.
"One product I am very happy with is the engine restorer" Very TRUE> Best thing I've seen fer black engines besides repaint.

·
Registered
278 Posts
i have been using S100 since the day i purchased my bike...

you should cut it in half with water, you can just spray and rinse, but i use it as a wash. Rinse thoroughly, use either a leaf blower or a compressor at low PSI, make sure the compressor has a dryer on it....

my bike come's out clean! i wax every time i wash.

it does not corrode the bike

·
Registered
113 Posts
Don Adams said:
After listening to my buddy rave about S100 total cycle cleaner I tried it. It does clean the gunk off well. One thing I am unhappy about is the streaking. It is nearly impossible to rinse it out off all the places that will drip after you dry the bike off. The drips will leave streaks and the dust sticks to the residue. Now I only use it for hard to reach areas and use car soap and water on the rest. One product I am very happy with is the engine restorer. It brightened up my faded jugs and restored the black finish on my faded cast wheels. I have been looking for something to clean or restore the wheels for years with little success. They look like new.
Is this a S-100 produce?
Fast Eddie

·
Registered
5 Posts
spray down warm bike completely with good old simple green and hose off then hand wash tins with car was soap rinse...rinse...rinse and the leaf blower is awsome for drying

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
I think the S100 Polishing Soap does a great job. Best thing I have found for chrome however I think the S100 Total Cycle Cleaner totaly sucks. I have had lots of people tell me how wonderful it is and have read rave reviews about it but it don't show me nothin.! I even tried it on the side of my very dirty van figuring if it did anything it would show up there but after rinsing I couldn't tell the difference. Am I missing something here or what?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts