V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my S&S Stainless Performance Ovals today. After tracking down some hi-temp gloss black paint(flat black looked like crap) for the inside of the tips, I got em installed. Nice rumble at idle and a little louder than stock. Nice noticable little bump in lower end tq and nice and quiet at speed.
They look beautiful when you take em out of the box, they are HUGE on the bike but I can get use to the look, out with the old and in with the new...

They do sound just like they are described, think of a 440 wedge Road Runner sitting at a stop lite circa 1968 just this rumble that is pure vintage muscle car.
Here's some pics..

·
In the wind and Loving it
363 Posts
Lets see some Pix....I'm looking at the same mufflers..One more thing for the wish list.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can't you see those? Just got back from a longer ride on a nice winding road that I ride alot and I can say for sure that the performance boost is surprising compared to the stock pipes. I wouldn't have believed that just slip ons with nothing else would have made such a difference..
Here's another pic...
I just noticed that you have true duals, from my research, these are really designed to work with the stock head pipes, just a heads up...

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
What did the SPO's replace...Stock mufflers?

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep, bike is 08, less than two weeks old, only 650 miles so far
Been a transition getting use to it because it replaced a 100/105+ 01 Carbed 01 with a 2 into 1 V&H Propipe and 3:37 gearing. Even the slightest bump is probably magnified to me since the new bike is such a dog compared to the arm socket jerker I'm use to...

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Looking good, but you need some prescrition glasses bad. The RHS muffler is not properly aligned and needs to be turned ccw by a few degrees. You need to clamp them down really good as they are heavy and turn easily.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ViennaHog said:
Looking good, but you need some prescrition glasses bad. The RHS muffler is not properly aligned and needs to be turned ccw by a few degrees. You need to clamp them down really good as they are heavy and turn easily.
LOL, I fixed that right after I took the pics....

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I heard them for the first time up in Helen, GA on Sunday. Sounded really nice. They don't look as good as some of the other mufflers on the market but if you want a good sounding but lower volume muffler, that one works!

·
Registered
1 Posts
adlerx,

Where did you get your SPOs at? I am looking at getting a set also but the stealer quoted me $595.95 and I found a set at M&M Cycles for $479.00.

2007 FLHT
H-D Oil Cooler
RK-3909 K&N
PC III USB w/O2 eliminators

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got mine on Ebay, I'd be willing to part with em for a good price. I like em but really want a Supertrapp Supermeg 2 into 1. I would have never mounted them had they been NEW never installed like the ebay listing said but they had indeed been installed and one has a small curb scratch on bottom of pipe( not visible mounted), that was the tip off...
Before I found these, the M&M price was the lowest I could find.

If you are interested in these, pm me....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts