V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have pretty much narrowed it down to these two choices. Stage 1 is as far as I will go at least til the MOCO warranty is up in two years. First let me say, I have absolutely no problem with the 2 into 1 looks on a bagger, I actually think it looks pretty nice so that is not really a consideration.
I have heard that the SPO's give a pretty nice low tq boost but I know that the supermeg can be tuned for outstanding performance across the board and still be viable should I decide to build my motor in a couple years.
For me it comes down to the trade off between performance vs. sound. I want relative quiet. I had a V&H ProPipe for the past 4 years on my built 01 RG and it I have to say, I loved that sound but, I am ready for some quiet now. Since I an giving up(for now:D ) hot rodding, I might as well go full on geezer and embrace the quiet as well.

How much power would I be giving up with the SPO's over the Supermeg? How much louder would a properly tuned Supermeg be than properly tuned SPO's and finally, what about the TQ curve? Bike will have SE/AC and SERT tune by a very good tuner.
One other consideration could also be that I already have the SPO's in hand....
Thanks all!

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
Certain dyno tests show that there is no difference from a supertrapp 2in1 or supertrapp slipons to the Y-pipe. If you are not having heat problems, maybe you should consider slipons with your Y-pipe. I have a Supertrapp 2in1, but would love to go to a Y-pipe with SPOs. I like the look and sound on a bagger.

·
Registered
953 Posts
The Supermeg is not loud, I run 17 disc's and on the highway at cruise rpm it is very quiet, even accelerating the noise is not bad.
I have one on my 07 FLHR and love it, easier to get the wheel off too.
Getting rid of the crossover pipe really helps cool things off.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bubba Neil said:
The Supermeg is not loud, I run 17 disc's and on the highway at cruise rpm it is are very quiet, even accelerating the noise is not bad.
I have one on my 07 FLHR and love it, easier to get the wheel off too.
Getting rid of the crossover pipe really helps cool things off.
I am really leaning towards the Supermeg. I am hesitant to put the SPO'S on because they are new, never mounted, and I'll have to sell em to pay for the Supermeg. I am sure they'll be worth a lot more $$ if they are new, never installed than used even if only for a short time.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts