V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been doing alot of looking for pipes for my new (as yet undelivered) Road Glide. I have been running a V&H Propipe HS on my 01 RG for about 4 years, nice pipe but had been looking around for some kind of change to quiet things down a bit. When I traded my bike last weekend for an 08', I knew I would need new pipes and had almost decided on Supertrapp Supermeg 2/1.
In my research the SPO slip-ons started to look pretty good to me but I couldn't find anyone who had em on an 08'. Anyone have them on their 08? Any reason they wouldn't be compatible?
Can some of you post up pics of your bikes with SPO's on em(any year) I'd like to get a better look than I have had of them on a bike. Thanks

OBTW, I just bought a set off Ebay(as yet undelivered), brand new and cheap enough to get my $$ back easily if I don't like em. I am still on the fence but they were at an unbelievable price with w/buy it now so I pulled the trigger.

·
Registered
675 Posts
adlerx said:
I have been doing alot of looking for pipes for my new (as yet undelivered) Road Glide. I have been running a V&H Propipe HS on my 01 RG for about 4 years, nice pipe but had been looking around for some kind of change to quiet things down a bit. When I traded my bike last weekend for an 08', I knew I would need new pipes and had almost decided on Supertrapp Supermeg 2/1.
In my research the SPO slip-ons started to look pretty good to me but I couldn't find anyone who had em on an 08'. Anyone have them on their 08? Any reason they wouldn't be compatible?
Can some of you post up pics of your bikes with SPO's on em(any year) I'd like to get a better look than I have had of them on a bike. Thanks

OBTW, I just bought a set off Ebay(as yet undelivered), brand new and cheap enough to get my $$ back easily if I don't like em. I am still on the fence but they were at an unbelievable price with w/buy it now so I pulled the trigger.
I don't have pics but I have em on my 05' RK and love em. They sound great at idle and get quieter the faster you go, perfect for touring.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
I run them on my 07 and AFAIK there is no difference in the set up of brackets etc. on the 08.
I love the sound and the looks, not loud and raspy, but very deep rumble at low revs. On the Ultra I don't really care about a few horsies more or less at 5754 rpm........

BTW I would love to be able to buy a RoadGlide over here, but no luck. The MoCo figures it's too American to catch on with us here across the pond. Best handling Harley ever JMHO. Congrats to your new ride

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ViennaHog said:
I run them on my 07 and AFAIK there is no difference in the set up of brackets etc. on the 08.
I love the sound and the looks, not loud and raspy, but very deep rumble at low revs. On the Ultra I don't really care about a few horsies more or less at 5754 rpm........

BTW I would love to be able to buy a RoadGlide over here, but no luck. The MoCo figures it's too American to catch on with us here across the pond. Best handling Harley ever JMHO. Congrats to your new ride
Thanks VH. Sorry to hear about your not being able to get a RG there, it is a very nice bike! I have been on a heritage loaner for a few days and it will probably sit until my new RG is delivered in about a week (I hope!) makes me realize just how spoiled I am! If you are ever in the PNW on your rented vacation RG, get in touch, I'll show you some of the most beautiful riding roads the US has to offer!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts