Here is my setup -

'05 touring
stock motor
stock ecm
stock headers
Ness Big Sucker
PCIIIusb
S&S SPO Touring Mufflers

What are people using as a comparison muffler for the SPO's?

I fully understand how Dynojet says to use a compatible muffler to get a map, but what compares to the SPO's?

Steve

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
Sorry I don't have a map, but I'm dying to hear a review of how you think those SPO's sound.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
I am NOT the expert here but I used the Harley Touring Mufflers when I did mine using a SERT, they appear to be fairly close. I reduced fuel at the low end to help with decel popping (didn't completely eliminate it) and increased fuel a little up at the very top end to eliminate the anti-knock spark retard and help with power. But not too much in either case. I also reduced fuel just a little bit in the low cruise power area to help a bit with mileage.
I ended up advancing the spark 5 degrees in both cylinders at the low end (1250-3000, 20+30MAP) and that all but eliminated the popping. No dyno within 1000 miles so I can't vouch for the bike being in perfect tune, but my A$$ 2006 dyno likes it.

I like the SPOs, nice fairly deep tone but not too loud. They will bark a bit if you get on the power, but not obnoxiously. I went on a ride with about 20 other Harleys today, mine was louder than the 2 with stock mufflers but quieter than the others. One of them has a brand new Fat Boy and he likes the way mine sound, says he may end up with a set.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts