V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing that I have been completeley cleaned out by my ex I am looking to re tool and noticed this ad. in the April American Iron Mag.


Is this Mac Tools / S&S Cycle Tools offer good?? and are Mac tools ok??

All the best, Ozzie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
372 Posts
Being an S&S Dealer for 12years and a MAC tool user, I can say both are good,
I would not pay extra for this set of tools.
I would not buy a Snapon special edition Harley Davidson tool box either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
L.Linkert said:
Being an S&S Dealer for 12years and a MAC tool user, I can say both are good,
I would not pay extra for this set of tools.
I would not buy a Snapon special edition Harley Davidson tool box either.
Hello L.Linkert, this set was advertised for 649, is this good, average, bad?

All the best, Ozzie
 

·
Hellbound Train
Joined
·
5,595 Posts
Ozzie, that's too much money for what you are getting. Wait for the OCC edition, the hammers are bigger :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,067 Posts
The few Mac tools I've ever used I would rate better than their counterparts made by Snap-ON. In any case, I know you can do better for the money; unless you're into having a collectors edition set of tools:bleh:

I haven't looked lately, but Sears Craftsman sometimes has tool sales where they do the huge package deal with the big toolboxes. I had a friend who was looking at one in about the same price range as this Mac/S&S set....but he would have got twice as many tools.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Seahag, ahhh Chuck, I know you a got Screamin Eagle Special Edition Toolbox hiding some where around Bro!......:D :D

So basically, I can do better for less hey guys.............I do like that the tools are organsized.

All the best, Ozzie

PS: I spread that joke all over our office here Chuck and it got em all rollin on the floor Bro. ha!
 

·
Nice to ride again :-)
Joined
·
1,802 Posts
Back in the day I ran a Turbo Blast machine. Basically a 6 cylinder Cummings, Turbo to propel carbon steel blades to throw steel shot at the ground at 195 MPH. Hydrostatic clutch, looked like a street sweeper but sounded like Jet Helicopter. Usually used to clean parking garages for sealant, and depending on the speed of the pass, could take it to re-bar.

I did the flight deck of the USS Abraham Lincoln for the non skid, was that ever an adventure,125 degrees on the steel and we had to do maintenance at prescribed times no matter what, but I digress........

While in that field I used ALL Snap On and MAC tools and I can not tell a difference except personnel preferences in shape, or feature. That said I owed those guys my paycheck when they stopped each week. Far and Superior to any other tools I have used.

I don't work in that field now so when I need a tool Craftsman is fine by me. And that 109.00 12 ton press from Harbor Freight was very nice for the 3.37 gear change, and the install of the Feuling components in the cam chest.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LAF said:
Back in the day I ran a Turbo Blast machine. Basically a 6 cylinder Cummings, Turbo to propel carbon steel blades to throw steel shot at the ground at 195 MPH. Hydrostatic clutch, looked like a street sweeper but sounded like Jet Helicopter. Usually used to clean parking garages for sealant, and depending on the speed of the pass, could take it to re-bar.

I did the flight deck of the USS Abraham Lincoln for the non skid, was that ever an adventure,125 degrees on the steel and we had to do maintenance at prescribed times no matter what, but I digress........

While in that field I used ALL Snap On and MAC tools and I can not tell a difference except personnel preferences in shape, or feature. That said I owed those guys my paycheck when they stopped each week. Far and Superior to any other tools I have used.

I don't work in that field now so when I need a tool Craftsman is fine by me. And that 109.00 12 ton press from Harbor Freight was very nice for the 3.37 gear change, and the install of the Feuling components in the cam chest.

Hey LAF, your toy arrive yet bro?? damn near circumcised myself with mine it was so sharp ha!! only I've already had that done!!!:duh?:

All the best, Ozzie
 

·
Nice to ride again :-)
Joined
·
1,802 Posts
Ozzie In Arabia said:
Hey LAF, your toy arrive yet bro?? damn near circumcised myself with mine it was so sharp ha!! only I've already had that done!!!:duh?:

All the best, Ozzie
Just got it last night, and yes you could shave with that I believe. I think it is at a 20 degree edge, you can take it to a 17 degree edge with the stones and that truly is the degree of a razor blade.

I looked for my 3 in 1, could not find it and am glad as it gave me more time to play with it before it becomes any faster, and I preform the "Ozzie Improvement":cheers:

On topic :
Where are you needing, and then keeping tools? I am truly Globally challenged but do they have Sears or a similar store with lifetime warranty in OZ? Like I said, and was said in other posts, Craftsman Tools work well for a very fair price and good warranty unless you NEED or WANT the "best". Hell some of those Craftsmen sets and a box are very nice, I have a Craftsman Roller Chest and Drawer top that is 20 years old and is in fine shape.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,981 Posts
RoadKingCurley said:
:dunno: Amazing what them b!tch's can carry when they're P.O.'d at ya!!!:wootdnc:
And how they bitched that you didn't need it when you bought it but they sure as he!! gotta have it when they leave!
:boxin: :boxin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I offered her 60% and all the furniture which was less than 2 years old at the time...........through this lawyer of hers she got greedy. Because I refused to declare my salary the family law court gave her 100%. Now she has had to sell our 300sq brand new house to pay the lawyers costs, which will mean she will get far less than if she accepted 60%, and what will my 2 sons get from this??? Zero!

..............and just to pizz me off she held a garage sale and sold my tools and equip. (over 20 grands worth) for a 500 dollar buyer take all deal! Then took pictures of the empty garage and sent them to me.

At this moment in time I do not know where she lives, but all that will change soon!

Ozzie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LAF said:
Just got it last night, and yes you could shave with that I believe. I think it is at a 20 degree edge, you can take it to a 17 degree edge with the stones and that truly is the degree of a razor blade.

I looked for my 3 in 1, could not find it and am glad as it gave me more time to play with it before it becomes any faster, and I preform the "Ozzie Improvement":cheers:

On topic :
Where are you needing, and then keeping tools? I am truly Globally challenged but do they have Sears or a similar store with lifetime warranty in OZ? Like I said, and was said in other posts, Craftsman Tools work well for a very fair price and good warranty unless you NEED or WANT the "best". Hell some of those Craftsmen sets and a box are very nice, I have a Craftsman Roller Chest and Drawer top that is 20 years old and is in fine shape.

We have many tools centres in Oz so no problem there, I just liked the look of the S&S Mac tool box and the tool organizers and if I get it shipped to me here in Iraq and I hand carry it home then no tax.

Anything American in my country is almost double in price by the time import duties and vendor mark up are included.

All the best Ozzie
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,067 Posts
Ozzie In Arabia said:
I offered her 60% and all the furniture which was less than 2 years old at the time...........through this lawyer of hers she got greedy. Because I refused to declare my salary the family law court gave her 100%. Now she has had to sell our 300sq brand new house to pay the lawyers costs, and what will my 2 sons get from this??? Zero!

..............and just to pizz me off she held a garage sale and sold my tools and equip. (over 20 grands worth) for a 500 dollar buyer take all deal! Then took pictures of the empty garage and sent them to me.

At this moment in time I do not know where she lives, but all that will change soon!

Ozzie
Jeez man...were you screwing her best friend or something? I'd have to be locked up and medicated for a while or risk going on a killing rampage:gun:
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top