V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 124 S&S Custom softail. The motor is a stock 2006 crate motor. We installed the IST ignition from new ( no guardian software). The connectors to a factory HD were not used. In order to retrieve codes from the ignition my manual says connect pins 1 & 2 in the data link connector. I am hoping someone can tell me the color of the wires to pins 1&2 as I don't want to short the wrong two wires. My guess is 11 and 12 in the MAIN grey connector (LGN/R and LGN/V).
Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tall terry normally yes. The connectors were cut off in the beginning and the ends cleaned up with heat shrink so no connector to look at.
I was however able to confirm that yes as in the above wiring diagram it is 11 / 12 in the Main Grey connector. Now to figure out my solutions for 41 and 25.
cheers

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well Some follow up with my so called electrical issues. Took it in to a shop near me ( not really near me but the closest). They pulled it in with my comment that it is running really rough. They found a couple issues only the plug wires were electrically to blame. Its running Much better. Still not perfect, some suggestions of carb modifications by others. My biggest issue was once again fueling. Intake rubber had a leak i could not find. mechanic said the flange for the intake manifold was bent, like it was tightened fully one side then the other. He repaired that and I gave him the Jets i had and they did the rest. If your curious its a .295 mid and a 76 main in a S&S Super G for a S&S 124. No idea what cams, it was a crate motor.
Still have more tinkering to do but Im happy with being able to ride it now. Next Is the Starter. 1.7kw Powermaster that is really grinding. Its not the ring gear on the clutch basket because we were just in there and it was making the grinding well before that. Would rather find a rebuild Kit Instead of shelling out another $500.
cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts