V-Twin Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
11,254 Posts
What's the record for oldest? Does it count from the first post, or the last dead post? I've been meaning to find the oldest one I can and resurrect it just to be a fool. Maybe on Easter.:devilish:
It will be April 1 soon enough.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,254 Posts
I wasn't complaining. A lot of the old threads are more interesting than the present threads. Even if I had 10k for a motor I have no hope of sticking it in a Suzuki. Still pleasurable reading though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
getting screwed now or 12 yrs ago makes no difference ! Theirs no joy in it ! 10k rant?? As stated I fixed the problem engine noise from my own pocket and time ! The breather if connect per factory still creates vaccum in oil tank ? You want s&s buy mine buddy 7.5k it’s yours ? I’ll never have any faith in it ! ?!

·
Registered
2 Posts
As in Title. I wonder about S&S engines realiability.My old Evo engine (stage 1) in FXR is in good shape (15 years and something over 38k miles) but it is just too slow. So I decided to buy new engine, Stock Evo from HD will be around 3k$ (black & chrome) but the performance gain will be litte (if any). Stage 3 Evo will be around 80 HP - not bad, but for a little more money I could have S&S 96" (or even 113" =devil=). The only problem is that I don`t have any experience with S&S. I din`t known a single person with high mileage S&S engine. Would you recomend S&S engine for street-touring bike wich will be riden often (no trailer :spank:). Or maybe I should stay with Harley Evo?
I had S&S build a shovelhead back in 2000, standard bore 80’’ 88 inch wheels 4 3/4 stroke. Badass. It still runs great 30,000 miles later. It beats my 110 CVO off the line not long distance though. S&S is top notch. I wouldn’t buy anything else. Now to yank my 110 and out the 124 in it with 2 yr warranty ...best of luck

·
Registered
21 Posts
A fool bangs on about somthin he knows nothing about and likely dont even own an S&s I do and regret it for reason explained simple? to all the s&s trolls

·
Registered
11,254 Posts
A fool bangs on about somthin he knows nothing about and likely dont even own an S&s I do and regret it for reason explained simple? to all the s&s trolls
I understood about everything you said except rollies. I didn't get that one. After all you have to wade through what we are saying. I once was on an Aussie dirt bike forum. It was good with lots of pictures and stories about riding up some trail to get to a bald on a hill and what was up there. Nothing.haha They would say something like they would stop for kippers. Say what? Or I would send pictures of my area.

You won't see many pictures of trips here, but you could search travels of Durango Dave and see what it looks like over here.

G'day mate
Ed

·
Registered
21 Posts
Rollies is the S&S importer /dealer in oz , whom disconnected the breather system after cavitation / vac in oil tank ?’they are simply a dirty deeds shop , whom would say or do anything to void warranty !

21 - 30 of 30 Posts