V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Do'in the chicken dance
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if a S&S motor can be run without their breather I believe its getting into a sumping conditon possibly due to the fueling oil pump

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
I had the S&S breather (reed valve) in with the feuling pump and it caused both sumping and blowby that I didn't have before. I removed the breather, put in a Baisley spring, replaced the o-rings for the pump and both of the problems went away.

·
Do'in the chicken dance
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HDMD88 said:
Take it out...

Doc

I was told it was installed but after removing the cam plate it aint in there ??? it does go between the pinion bearing and pump right ??? this thing has a S&S tear drop air cleaner so I guess I dont have any crankcase breather ???

I have another dumb question

What now???

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I had it in my 95" , before no blow by , after always ...
I sold that one , and didn't put on in on my 103"

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
ATTILA said:
Doc

I was told it was installed but after removing the cam plate it aint in there ??? it does go between the pinion bearing and pump right ??? this thing has a S&S tear drop air cleaner so I guess I dont have any crankcase breather ???

I have another dumb question

What now???
I'd start by replacing the o-rings on the oil pump and reinstalling/aligning. From what I've read in other posts, that seems to be the most common cure for sumping, and it's pretty cheap (provided you're doing your own labor). Feuling sells the rebuild kits right on their website.

I've also found it helpful to install the subseal into the scavenge port hole of the crankcase before installing the rest of the pump assembly. I've had trouble getting the subseal to properly seat when trying to install it already attached to the pump.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts