V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi did not know what heading to use for this post, anyone else got an S&S Clutch?
My friend just got one and should fit it to his 01 Duece 124"s&s today, just have to find an evo starter gear as they use the old style starter ring.
i'll be taking my 01 dyna 95" to the track too as we have an all bike race meet in two weeks. i had a few pass's last week and ran 11.3's but was only doing 1.7's 60', as was first time back since i had an accident 6 weeks ago, got the feel again and confident i can get 60' down to 1.6's have ran 1.611 b4, want to try to get 1.5's b4 the all bike meet, last wednesday night when i shifted to 5th gear my clutch started slipping so will be limited to 4th gear, i just have stock clutch with SE diaphram and use ATF Type F. it has just started slipping in 5th since my last engine uprate. but i'll wait as i'm thinking of useing a VPC and setting it up to slip on the line and will fit ignition cut out so i can foot shift with it WOT. the plan is to run 10's with a stock frame stock swingarm 95" also still have stock petcock but removed the vacume. anyone else ran 10's with a 95" twin cam?

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Hey there Lakes,

FWIW, I just had mine in to Hammers to do the 30 thousanths shave on the comp nut and then re-torque per new procedure, as well as take a look around and see if all is okay. All is well.

Interestingly, primary chain needed adjustment (since my build last summer!!) Belt was also too tight. It must have been tight as hell, since it's never been adjusted since the 1,000 mile check up. Thought it was okay, but you really need to be sitting on the bike when you check it. Go figure.

Also installed SE clutch spring and new ramps. Already running a VPC, as I had some slippage at high RPM after the build. Don't know if I needed the SE spring, but I had one around and figure it can't hurt. Clutch feel is slightly heavier, even with the ramps, but no problem and much lighter than any other similar bike I've ridden. Think you'll like the VPC. I talked to Hippo and went with the T92, I believe it is.

Anyway - heading the the drags this w/e and you'll get a full report at FFBMC. Take care.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Can you list your setup. It looks like your bike makes good power. I would like to get my 01FXDL in the 10's.

FXDRYDR said:
Hey there Lakes,

FWIW, I just had mine in to Hammers to do the 30 thousanths shave on the comp nut and then re-torque per new procedure, as well as take a look around and see if all is okay. All is well.

Interestingly, primary chain needed adjustment (since my build last summer!!) Belt was also too tight. It must have been tight as hell, since it's never been adjusted since the 1,000 mile check up. Thought it was okay, but you really need to be sitting on the bike when you check it. Go figure.

Also installed SE clutch spring and new ramps. Already running a VPC, as I had some slippage at high RPM after the build. Don't know if I needed the SE spring, but I had one around and figure it can't hurt. Clutch feel is slightly heavier, even with the ramps, but no problem and much lighter than any other similar bike I've ridden. Think you'll like the VPC. I talked to Hippo and went with the T92, I believe it is.

Anyway - heading the the drags this w/e and you'll get a full report at FFBMC. Take care.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts