V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buddy of mine has a 2000 Fat Boy that he purchased used. It has an S&S E series carb kit on it with a tear drop shaped air cleaner cover. He was trying to find a replacement element for it but has not been successful to this point. What he really wants is a K&N replacement for it. He has talked to several companies on line but no one can come up with a direct replacement for it. The S&S part number on the element is 17-0376. I checked on S&S’s web site but they don’t even list it in their online catalog.
Has anyone had any experience with this or offer any suggestions?
Thanks

:unsure:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Just wanted to post this link for archived reference. Very interesting.

S&S carb rebuild & K&N filter

I've always just washed the original S&S filter in gasoline at every oil change. I know it's not right but I've now got over 40,000 miles on my Super E, with way more than that on the engine itself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
S&S 17-0376 Air Filter

In talking with Chris at S&S he indicated the 17-0376 air filter is obsolite and 106-4722 is the replacement. I have not tried it yet and would like to get feedback from someone who has replaced a 17-0376 filter...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.