V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ANOTHER DAMN YANKEE
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a S&S air cleaner kit for a 01 fxsti and ideas where to get one? I have been looking on ebay but dont seem much for the efi`s. Pretty much all carbs. Any info from ya`ll would be appreciated.

·
Banned
871 Posts
sportyguy69 said:
Looking for a S&S air cleaner kit for a 01 fxsti and ideas where to get one? I have been looking on ebay but dont seem much for the efi`s. Pretty much all carbs. Any info from ya`ll would be appreciated.
Ya might want to try J&P Cycle, too. They usually have pretty good prices.

·
ANOTHER DAMN YANKEE
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey thank for the info been looking at J&P also didnt see anything in the catalog , probally should call them.

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
Might want to check the manufacturer's sites to see if they even make it before you kill yourself trying to buy it... :D

·
Banned
871 Posts
MegaGlide said:
Might want to check the manufacturer's sites to see if they even make it before you kill yourself trying to buy it... :D
Good idea! Also, you may be able to modify one of the faceplates to fit your EFI unit. If the diameter of the port is the same, you might just need to drill a couple mounting holes. Just a thought..... :)

·
ANOTHER DAMN YANKEE
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea just checked the S&S website, they make a air filter kit for my 01 fxsti , Pg . 48 part no. 17-0117. No price though will have to call local dealer. Thanks for the help everyone.

·
Banned
871 Posts
sportyguy69 said:
yea just checked the S&S website, they make a air filter kit for my 01 fxsti , Pg . 48 part no. 17-0117. No price though will have to call local dealer. Thanks for the help everyone.
If your local dealer is like mine, you'd be a lot better off ordering it somewhere online, or at least at an independent HD custom shop. Most stealers I've been to mark everything up about 20-30% over what you can get them for elsewhere. You might be one of the lucky few who have a dealer who doesn't care more about money than they do their customers. The only things I get at the dealer are HD specific parts that I absolutely cannot find anywhere else (and ONLY if I can't make the parts myself). The only other exception is if the bike is under warranty, but I've only owned a brand new bike once in my life, and that will never happen again. I prefer to let someone else work out all the bugs before I spend my hard earned cash on it. But I'm rambling..... I'm sure that if you shop around, you can get it for a really good price. Good luck! :)

·
ANOTHER DAMN YANKEE
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
fellow yankee I see, where abouts you from ToddM? I used to live in the Utica-Rome area.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts