V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a S&S 124 with 640 cam. My dealer told me to get the Hpi 62mm throttle body with the 6.2 injectors. Has anyone tried a 62 TB on the 124 and how’d it run? Thanks

·
Registered
566 Posts
Have you considered searching in the dyno section? I bet there are plenty of dyno sheets there of TC 124 inch engines.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you end up running 62mm? I just ordered 124” black edition. hpi 62mm throttle body with the v2 air cleaner and 6.2 air cleaner . Not sure if I went too big for stock 124”

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you end up running 62mm? I just ordered 124” black edition. hpi 62mm throttle body with the v2 air cleaner and 6.2 air cleaner . Not sure if I went too big for stock 124”
Yes I am
running that same setup. Hope you don’t have the same problem I do with too much crank case pressure. I’ve blow my dipstick completely out of the bike riding down the road! Bike runs great but wish I never got wasted that money and just got a another bike. Good luck and hope you enjoy it

·
Registered
17,688 Posts
Hope you don’t have the same problem I do with too much crank case pressure. I’ve blow my dipstick completely out of the bike riding down the road!
Did you research how to correctly vent the crankcase?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you research how to correctly vent the crankcase?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Well I assume the shop new how to do that. I’m really really over HD. Last year broke my wallet and heart on ever wanting to buy another HD. I won’t put on here who did the install of my engine but if someone wanted to know pm me.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Well I assume the shop new how to do that. I’m really really over HD. Last year broke my wallet and heart on ever wanting to buy another HD. I won’t put on here who did the install of my engine but if someone wanted to know pm me.

Harleys have always been fun bikes, but not for the masses as they typically required regular tinkering. The twin cam and newer bikes have made huge strides towards being tinkering free, but not yet up to automotive standards. A 124" engine at best will amplify the requirement to tinker, it also requires a more detailed tune. Your crate engine is pretty mild and once it is setup and tuned it should be pretty reliable and only require light to moderate tinkering.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts