V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to get a bigger motor and was lookig at the 124. Is there any issues with pinging or excessive heat. Local builder doesn't think it would be a good choice for long rides. Im not sure why it woulnt be ifset u correctly. Wish I lived close to hillside. Any good builders in Ca?

·
Premium DOOF
565 Posts
I would like to know also. Talked with the people at S&S and they said the 111 motor would be better for touring and would run fine on any gas. I like the idea of bigger but sometimes it might not be better.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
What bike, how many miles a year do you ride, and do you go to rallies? Kit motor or crate motor?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have an 09 streetglide. Put on about 6-9 k a year and I plan on travelig to the badlands next year. I also hit laughlin and reno rallies. Does rc cycles do quality work?

·
Registered
359 Posts
I ride with a guy that just did a 1000 mile 24HR iron but with his 124 S&S RoadKing with no problems other than he was the gas whore on the trip...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How many miles was he getting out of a tank. I only average about 200 now on a 6 gallon tank. Bike doesn't like 90 too much

·
Acquisitions
4,513 Posts
I have an 09 streetglide. Put on about 6-9 k a year and I plan on travelig to the badlands next year. I also hit laughlin and reno rallies. Does rc cycles do quality work?
Yes he does. he is very knowledgeable about bikes, motors. Has his own cams and knows how to make HP and torgue.

·
Banned
10,126 Posts
RC Cycles is a good and reputable shop...

You could also obtain the new 120R crate engine.. Seems to be a lot of guys running those now without any issues thus far.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
Bob @ RC Cycle was involved in a bad motorcycle accident earlier this week. He is in the hospital trying to heal up as the accident was pretty severe. Maybe the guys in the shop are off for that reason.

Give them some time, its worth the wait.

·
Registered
473 Posts
yes RC knows their chit...

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
S&S Motor experience...

I'm running an S&S T-111 Touring Motor in my 2002 RoadGlide. Love the thing...great HP and TQ. Super smooth running...mine's a carbed version...they make EFI versions as well.

I'm nearing the final break-in period...they offer a 3 year warranty with their IST ignition system. (Has a break-in program built-in)

Nothing but love for the set-up. Very happy!

: ):woohoo:

·
Registered
9,250 Posts
Bob @ RC Cycle was involved in a bad motorcycle accident earlier this week. He is in the hospital trying to heal up as the accident was pretty severe. Maybe the guys in the shop are off for that reason.

Give them some time, its worth the wait.
Dang! Didn't know that. Thx for posting. Helluva nice guy.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
Yeah, if anyone is interested there is a thread with Steve Cole updating Bob's(FLTRI) condition in the general section on HTT.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts