V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ketsu, Japanese for a$$
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. This is my first post. I’ve read a lot of great advice and interesting discussions.
My ’02 deuce has rust on the right down tube that starts just below the neck and wraps around the tube down to the foot control. It looks like the frame wasn’t prepared right because there wasn’t a chip or scratch anywhere.
What I’m wondering is whether to remove everything and powder coat it or just the engine and touch up the down tube?
One last thing, is the frame powder coated or wet painted?

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Sgt Ketsu said:
Hello everyone. This is my first post. I’ve read a lot of great advice and interesting discussions.
My ’02 deuce has rust on the right down tube that starts just below the neck and wraps around the tube down to the foot control. It looks like the frame wasn’t prepared right because there wasn’t a chip or scratch anywhere.
What I’m wondering is whether to remove everything and powder coat it or just the engine and touch up the down tube?
One last thing, is the frame powder coated or wet painted?
The frame is powder coated. Welcome on board

·
Ketsu, Japanese for a$$
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
at last

thanks, my last answer was a little harsh. I'm just really pissed that a three year old frame is rusting on me and the stealer said there is nothing they can do for me.

·
Ketsu, Japanese for a$$
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
stickers on down tubes

I've decided to strip it down and powder coat it. Now my only concern is the two stickers on down tubes. They have to come off, but one looks like an EPA sticker that is probalbly required when you register your bike. What do you do when you get the frame painted?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts