V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking at the Rush slip-on mufflers for my '06 Road King Classic. Have heard two sets and really like the sound. Sort of a deep rumble.
The factory pipes are really quiet..... and the dealer wants a fair amount of $$$.

I was thinking about purchasing a Power Commander and doing the work myself.

They have a map available for "2006 Harley Davidson Touring Model Rush slip-ons with 2.5" baffles Screamin Eagle air filter Stock ECM"

Looks like I can just change the mufflers, install the Power Commander and download the map, and install the SE air cleaner kit.

Am I missing something? Seems way too easy.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Yea you forgot one thing, after the install, enjoy.:rolleyes:
Thats it.

·
Registered
580 Posts
It is even easyer than that,purchase an TFI module from Dobeck performance and adjust with a screwdriver as needed,no maps to download or redownload as you upgrade your scoot,pm me we can talk

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well you know that this fuel injection thing is brand new to me. I've been reading over this forum for a while and also talking to a few of the local riders, trying to get a good read on this. Can't get a straight answer from the local dealers.:dunno:

I'll tell you one thing - this forum is the best thing since sliced bread. ~!Awesome!

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
2.5 inch baffles may be louder than you like. The good thing about Rush is the fact you have 3 or 4 baffles to choose from. I'm running 1.75s and get the volume I want when rolling the throttle and a decent rumble when cruising.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've had a more than a few people tell me that adding the Power Commander will void my warranty? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Ask your dealer. One dealer here wants to use SERTs, another prefers the PC. Either way it seems to be up to the individual dealer on what will and won't void the warranty. Some get pissy about changing pipes. Go figure.

·
Registered
133 Posts
For what its worth, Rush Mufflers and wild Pigs are the same configeration, the baffles are interchangable, finish is a little better on the Rush Pipes and there are no welded seams, but they cost double the money, your call.

·
Registered
225 Posts
rush mufflers

who has the best prices on the rush mufflers now?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Where to buy online

My local HD dealer wants $345 plus labor for the touring version with the 2.5" baffles. I plan on doing the modes myself. Can some recommend a good online dealer?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ninja said:
My local HD dealer wants $345 plus labor for the touring version with the 2.5" baffles. I plan on doing the modes myself. Can some recommend a good online dealer?
I got mine from TNTPerformanceDyno.Com

$300 delivered to my front door.

They don't list them on their website, but when buying a Power Commander from them, I asked if they could get them and they called me back with a price. They even looked up the map and pre-programmed the PC before they sent it out. How's that for service? Arrived U.S.P.S Priority mail in a couple days.

They're in Nashville. Nice folks to deal with.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Rush mufflers

I just ordered some Rush mufflers with 2" baffles for my Screamin' Eagle Ultra. I'm hoping they won't be too loud. They are supposed to be delivered tomorrow. Has anyone tried these? How do you like them? I like the fact I can change baffles. %[email protected]

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
SWDONAHUE said:
It is even easyer than that,purchase an TFI module from Dobeck performance and adjust with a screwdriver as needed,no maps to download or redownload as you upgrade your scoot,pm me we can talk
Adjust with a screwdriver as needed or use a proven map from a dyno? I'll take the Power Commander and avoid guessing at setting up the EFI.

The Power Commander or ANY aftermarket part COULD void your warranty. But if you have a problem with your engine, just remove the PC prior to going to the dealer. They also have to PROVE your aftermarket part caused the failure in your engine. This is an age old worry that new HD owners bring up. Relax. Just install the stuff yourself like you described and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Steve G said:
I just ordered some Rush mufflers with 2" baffles for my Screamin' Eagle Ultra. I'm hoping they won't be too loud. They are supposed to be delivered tomorrow. Has anyone tried these? How do you like them? I like the fact I can change baffles. %[email protected]
Well I put the 2 1/2" on mine with the stock ECM, SE stage 1 air cleaner and a Power Commander. 2006 Road King. Run about 1,000 miles so far. They're not nearly as loud as the Vance&Hines on my Dyna. Still, am thinking about going with the 2" baffles. I called Rush and they recommend the 2" baffles for the touring bikes. Haven't found a map on their website for this setup, but I was going to get a little dyno time anyway. It's nice that they have interchangable baffles, eh?

Let us know how you like 'em once you get it all put together.

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
I have a couple friends running the 2" Rush slip ons and love them. I think they sound great too. Nice and deep with a great bass tone. M&M cycles has a great price on them now.

·
Doof Armorer
94 Posts
I am running rush 2.5", SE ac , and had to go with a 1550 flash just to get through bike week. Bike is back at dealer now waiting on new injectors, remap, etc. It will NOT get out of its own way. Has anybody else had a problem like this??? 2006 Street Glide, BTW.

·
07', 04', 03', & 02
1,099 Posts
Your bike may just be living up to your username "slo-kid78":yikes:

Hope they get your bike running well for you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I installed the Rush slip-on's on my 06 RK (2.5 inch baffles), SE air cleaner kit and the Vance and Hines Fuel Pack, it took about 30 min, very easy to do. Power commander does have a map for download on this configuration. I live the sound and the bike runs great, still breaking it in, but that deep sound is awesome.. The billet tips are off the hook!

On a side note, I had the Reinheart True Duels on my last RK and even thought they sounded great I had problems with the baffles coming loose after only a few hundred miles, then after 10 months the heat shields started to rust, too expensive for that, so I'm glad I went with the Rush's.

·
Cheesehead
262 Posts
kreator said:
I installed the Rush slip-on's on my 06 RK (2.5 inch baffles), SE air cleaner kit and the Vance and Hines Fuel Pack, it took about 30 min, very easy to do. Power commander does have a map for download on this configuration. I live the sound and the bike runs great, still breaking it in, but that deep sound is awesome.. The billet tips are off the hook!
Which Billet Tips did you get? Got a picture on the bike? I have the slash downs with 1-3/4" baffle which is a mistake. The 1-3/4 is not deep sounding at all. Big dissapointment when I first started it. For that deep Rush tone the minimum baffle is a 2". I have a 2-1/4" baffle on the way, it will be here Monday. I found out for every 1000 pairs of mufflers sold 900 go out with the 2-1/2" baffle.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I installed the Power Commander, SE Air Cleaner, stock ECM, and Rush slip-ons with the 2 1/2 inch baffles. Used the exact map from the Power Commander website. Had a minor decel pop when cold which pretty much went away once you got five miles down the road. Being a RK and all, I thought it was a little loud so I ordered and installed the 2 inch baffles. Called Power Commander and was told that I could use my existing map. Bike runs fine but I gotta go look at that map because I think the rev limiter is still at 5800. A short stint on a dyno probably wouldn't hurt.

The 2 inch baffles still give you plenty of noise when you roll into it, but a nice deep rumble at idle. BTW the decel pop went away.

Anybody wanna buy a set of 2 1/2 inch baffles?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts